1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Linksys LNE100TX driver for Win XP!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Halen5150, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Hey guys;

. ..well; I have an old computer that I have an ethernet adapter installed on there; and just recently I unplugged it. Well; upon plugging it back in and booting up; I was pissed to find out that the ethernet adapter was not being recognized under the device manager

...the actual install cd that came with it I have now lost and I don't know where it could be--so I'm in a fricking tight bind.

...so; if anyone knows of some version 2.0 drivers for this card that I can burn to a CD-ROM; I'll be happy if someone knows of a way for me to install the driver from a cd on the computer. Because every where I go; all they have is ones that you're supposed to put on a floppy.[eww]

--Thanx.

Halen5150

2. j4mes1990

j4mes1990 Member

3. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't need a floppy as can be downloaded onto hd in a folder & installed from that folder or direct xp to that folder to load driver. i do that all the time.

5. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

see; that's the thing---I have downloaded some of the drivers off of that page and tried to install them like ddp said; but everytime I click the .exe ; a command line sort of window pops up saying: "continue extraction?"

...and of course; I hit y; then enter to continue; but it then goes on to say that it "failed to create that directory" or something.

....and this is really weird because I know I've got the right model...

6. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

is your hdd full? if not try getting a hold of one the tech peeps @ linksys. or see if you can extract it somewhere else. if not go the directory where it was suppose to extract the files and see whats up.

7. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Hey man---

I was actually able to find the original setup disc that came with the adapter---so no more worries;) [Yaya! lol]

...so i'll just use that--btw; thx for all your help guys

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i had no problem downloading & extracting the files. download to a folder than unzip the files into that folder.