1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need more drive slots.

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by emachine, Nov 4, 2006.

1. emachine

emachine Guest

I was thinking 500gig I saw one for 175 on tiger or newegg.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

emachine- I think you missed the point ? Either that or I misunderstood your question ( It Could happen LOL!) I'm not saying you have to upgrade as much or in the direction I did ! I merely was trying to say that if you want to add more drives than your current case will support Then you prtetty much have to upgrade your case atleast being as your against external/Usb Drives ! either that or buy a new computer? You have to decide whats best for you ? That's a copout ,but an honest one ! Perhaps You could research into a BareBones unit - = Basically a Computer case & motherboard minus hard drives & processor & Operating system and swap yourcurrent emachine goodies over to it ? THough I think a New Case & PS would probably be cheaper assuming that you can use your old motherboard ! You might also want to read Maximum Pc magazine - It's mainly oriented toward the gamer community but has great reviews on gear like Cases , Burners ,Videocards . laptops ect... It may give you some Ideas ! I don't game but I subscribe to keep up on technology & gear advances !Like I said before Good luck with your computer whatever you decide to do ! Happy Planning !

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  3. emachine

emachine Guest

See I don't want to put any money in this pc, if I got a harddrive and sata card and drives I can use those in a new pc. But if I buy a case and all that its not really worth it.

Anybody know of a pc for 500?

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

emachine-Understood , Then that's what you should do then !

5. emachine

emachine Guest

Guess I'll just wait until my dad makes his mind up to buy one... I don't really need computing power right now anyway.