1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Network Card Help Please!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Kimarra, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Kimarra

Kimarra Member

Ok, a friend of mine told me he couldn't get online. He spent a long time on the phone with Verizon and they told him that it was something in the hardware of the computer. I took the computer to my house and hooked it up. The network connection says there is limited or no activity. I assumed the problem was in the network adapter, so we bought a network card and installed it. I'm getting the same error message with the new card. I know it's not the connection itself, because my computer is hooked back up (it's where I'm posting this from) and the internet is working just fine. Does anyone have any solutions or ideas on how to fix this?

2. Phil0391

Phil0391 Guest

This isn't really my field, but I had a similar problem. When you spoke with Verizon did they reset your connection from their server?

3. Kimarra

Kimarra Member

Yeah, they reset it. They tried everything they could on their end and it still did not work. :/

4. Phil0391

Phil0391 Guest

Try reinstalling the OS and see what happens. It should fix the problem, but I'm not sure if you'll want to go through the hassle of putting all your programs, pics, etc back on your PC. But if thats not a problem go for it. =]