1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need New Mp3 Player!!!

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by ima49311, Mar 13, 2007.

1. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

I'm hoping someone can help me here on this.. does anyone know of a good (NON IPOD) 20gb+ mp3 player that can be used without the use of itunes or rapsody or some other mp3 software program and just drag and drop files onto the player itself? The old generic INIO player i had just died and i loved the fact i could plug it into my pc and it would show up as a removable hard drive and i could just drag and drop whatever i wanted to play in there.. so need to drm or licenses or anything.. are there anymore devices out there that would let me do this? Ive been looking at the Creative line, but also the Philips, and Toshiba Gigabeat series as well, maybe even a Zune, but dont know if they work this way.. can anyone help me out on this? i'd appreciate any suggestions at all.. thanks in advance!

2. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I was going to recommend the new thinner 60gig CZV:M (creative) or you can go with the 30gig. I've had mine for over a year now and I'm still loving it.

3. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

is it a drag and drop usage tho? i was talking to the manager at Circuit City and she said you had to use propietary software like itunes in order to use it.. which is something im trying to stay away from.. she seemed pretty confindent about it.. thanks

4. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Well it comes with some software from Creative that you CAN use but do not have to. If you don't install the software it will just act as a MTP.

I'm doing it right now. In Explorer it shows as Name:Storage Media Type: Generic hierachical.

I can drag and drop and play back from.

Although the Creative software isn't all that bad either it works right with Windows Explorer if you choose to use it.

However I use the latest verison of Winamp. Winamp rocks!

5. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

awesome. so what creative player is this? the zen? vision? theres so many i get confused.. thanks for the help.

6. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Creative Zen Vision:M Great battery life too.

7. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

great.. thanks.. what color do you have? i heard the black shows every little fingerprint and scratch possible.

8. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Yeah, it can/does but I put a protective film over it although I would recommend the "Best Skin Ever". I also use a silicon skin from podsplus.com It allows the light to come through on the buttons and comes with a hard clear plastic screen to go over the screen. My case is black too.

I think the case/skin cost me $20 shipped (maybe even less). Comes with two different length lanyards and a belt clip.

9. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

cool.. thanks for your help on this.. now i just need to find a great deal on it and i'm gonna jump all over this.. i returned my zune today.. whatta POS.. thanks again