1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need one of your expert advice...

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by hazmatcop, Mar 10, 2006.

1. hazmatcop

hazmatcop Member

I've been so busy lately answering questions in the General Cell phone forum, I have'nt had a chance for much research. Don't get me wrong by how that came out as I'm FAR from perfect, I've just had a lot of oppurtunity to spend time making my own Music video's, reformating others as well as handset repairs which has giving me a variety of experience with the "Multimedia" phones. Now, Iturn to you guys. I'm presently w/ vzw sporting the LG vx 8100 with VCAST and the VCAST Music Store. It's all starting to get old and I'm looking in the Smartphone arena that has the Microsoft- Software. I'm kind of leaning towards the Cingular 8125 Pocket PC after the Nokia 6682 did'nt do much for me. VZW has what I believe the same phone ( Maybe the xv6100 ) but it's like over $100.00 more. I don't want to go w/ the smaller flip phone type, nor the Trio or Blackbeary, that's even if they have the Microsoft-software in them. So can anyone provide some quality advice with the exception of just going out and getting a Walkie Talkie ? Thanks in advance...

2. grumlenz

grumlenz Regular member

If you're wanting to stay with Verizon and just switch phones to a Pocket PC/Windows Mobile Phone..I would recommend either the Samsung i730 or the Audiovox/UT Starcom XV6700. The XV6700 is newer and has Pocket PC version 5.x whereas the i730 has 4.x I believe. The only other current Pocket PC phone for Verizon would be the Palm Treo 700w which is the first Palm phone with Pocket PC (which I believe also has 5.x) but if you don't want a Treo then stay away from it. All 3 of those phones are relatively new and I have personally used all 3. I would recommend the XV6700 personally, I like the full keyboard that runs long-wise with the phone and when you slide it out the screen automatically switches to widescreen (if you have it normally set to portrait mode). Not sure if that's what you were looking for since you mentioned some Cingular phones but hope that helps. FYI the LG VX6100 is an older version to the LG 8100..not a PDA/Smartphone, no VCAST, no video, no expansion slot, etc.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006