1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Opinions on cd-r media

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by mrguy, Nov 10, 2004.

1. mrguy

mrguy Member

2. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

try to stay away from ritek or plasmon,but im confuse about prodisc

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've had nothing but great success using Ritek media ... The DVD+R and CD-R discs that they manufacture are top notch ...

... And NewEgg is my favorite on-line vender ... Awesome service, and fast ...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've burned through about 100 of the Ritek CD-R with great results :)

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I haven't used Ritek CD-R's but I've read great things about them. I use nothing but Ritek DVD-R's and have absolutely great results with them. I want to know about media rot (at least that's what I heard it's called). You know, when you burn a CD and after a while you get a bubble underneath the label on the top. I tried to squeegie it out, but that just wrecked the entire disc instead of just that part. I've seen it quite a bit and to be honest it's f***ing pissing me off. I started using Memorex CD-R black and went through about 200 of them without a problem at all. I heard that they are designed that way to avoid media rot. Now I can't seem to find them. Can anyone tell me if it is really the black dye or give me any information on my problem? Do Ritek CD-R's have this problem?

6. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

the bubbles on the disc could be caused be heat exposure. where do you keep your backups? verbatim discs are pretty good;

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I usually keep them in my house at room temp, except when they're in my car. I live in NY, so they can go through some pretty extreme temps sometimes. One of the discs did it after having it in my CD player for about 3 hours straight. It was the same day I burned it. I thought about it being a temp issue, still think that might be it along with moisture, but I think it's kinda weird that black CD-R's don't get it and all the rest do.

8. nightborn

nightborn Member

Avoid Ritek at all costs ... well if you want your discs to last anyways. Sure they have a good burn rate, but like CMC they don't last more than a few years, I have had this experience with both of those brands.
    Go with the ProDisc, or Smart Buy (made by ProDisc) .... They are one of the best for lasting. That is all I will use for now.