1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need PC Upgrade Suggestions

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by amd1, Jan 26, 2014.

1. amd1

amd1 Member

Hello, I want to upgrade my PC specs including: Processor, RAM, Graphics Card. I'm a casual to extreme user and I play a few high end games like COD: Ghosts, Need for Speed, Grand Theft Auto IV (soon V) and so on. I want a PC that'll go for at least 3-4 years.
    Please tell me the items I should or shouldn't change/upgrade.

My current specs are:
    Board: Intel DH61WW
    Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 3.1GHz
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3
    RAM: 6GB
    HDD: 500GB

These are the specs I selected (please tell me if they are good enough):

Board: SAME
    Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 3.2GHz
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX650Ti 2GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8GB
    HDD: 1.5TB

Please SUGGEST...
    Thanks.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i got told for any pc thats for gaming or other things that use a lot of resources max the ram.put the maximum supported ram in there.

3. amd1

amd1 Member

Alright. What about the other parts??

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check the recommended system requirements for those games. how full is the 500gig hd? 8gigs of ram should be alright just depends on videocard & cpu requirements for those games.

5. KraDe

KraDe Member

GPU:
    your graphics card seems to be a little on the medium-end scale. Might I suggest, the GTX 660?

HDD:
    make sure your HDD has a good read speed. high storage capacities on HDD can be misleading. look into SSD's, if your budget allows. Your games will run quicker, PC will boot faster, and generally basic PC tasks will be a breeze.
    edit: SSDs are usually very pricey. and don't go upto higher than 512GB (last I checked). one of my extreme gaming friends used both an SSD and a regular HDD. he put his games on the SSD and other big files (movies, music, pictures) on the HDD. something to consider

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. aldan

aldan Active member

i dont think there is a game out there that will use 8gb.that i would leave alone.also games dont run quicker on an ssd they do,however load quicker.your selected video card will run most games on high settings.one thing you didnt mention is what psu do you have?

7. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

some browser games running multiple accounts use high ram.The m8 that said max the ram uses her pc for graphics designs and latest design programs use more resources than most games.