1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Serious Help....no sound! (Sorry If in wrong forum)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by JParkes, May 8, 2007.

1. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

Hi, I have Windows XP home and this morning I went to listen to arctic monkeys with MediaMonkey on my PC and it came up with a window saying this:-
    "DirectSound output v2.2.7
    bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error Code: 80070057"
    I've searched google for this and had no joy at all. I've tried searching directsound output download with nothing. At the moment I'm having no sound at all! I tried lookin on Device Manager on "Sound, video and game controllers" and there is a exclamation mark next to "Microsoft Kernel wave Audio mixer" I click it and it says this "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
    Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."
    Please can someone help me??
    Any help appreciated.
    thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can you uninstall it using the device manager and reboot to see if Windows will reinstall the drivers?
    Or a system restore to known good point.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  3. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

Thanks System Restored back and is fixed. I try not to use system restore because i Download alot off the internet. However, it seems i havent lost any files. Thanks for the help lol I forget bout system resore alot lol (DOH!).