1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need serious help please look inside (Urgent)

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by buckweat, Mar 15, 2005.

1. buckweat

buckweat Member

Ok. I Just Got Motorola v220 Phone And data cable. So the first thing i did was use Motorola Unlocker And Unlocked it. Kool It Worked. Now I get The PKY progam and delete all the corny Emoticons And Ring Tones That Are Stock On My Phone. Now Im Having A Serious Problem My Phone Will Not Let my stick Midi`s Or Mid Files As My Ring Tone :(. I Can listen to them fine Using Multimedia and Sounds. But When I set them to a ring tone they wont even ring And when i try to get back into the settings--ring Styles--View The Detal To Chance the ring Tone It Just Takes Me Back to my Setting Screen Again. ANd The Only Ring tones it wil lplay is are Imelody Ones. What am i doing wrong? under The Details In Ring Styles i can see the midi Files. And I know the Midi Files Worked Before becuase ive used them as ring tones before Any Ideas In tryed Resetting And Restoring Defaults and im Lost. What Did i do wrong Please Help me! Thanks alot

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

what u did is that u delete the tones and ur fone was set with one of them and now ur fone is a bit confused mean that where the hell is the tones, so what u have to do is get PST and set ur fone all to 0 or silent and then restart ur fone, and when u uplaod the ringtones using the P2K make sure always to delete two files with .db

3. Wizardtom

Wizardtom Member

I've done that before - here is an excerpt from
    http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=16917

---------------------------------------------
    If you locked yourself out of your ringer details page

METHOD 1
    1) Open PST Phone Programmer (either 6.7 or 6.9) not Multiflexflash.

2) Go to New, then select Feature file.

3) Push the button Read Phone at the top.

4) Scroll down, you will see Ring Styles and they will have boxes.

5) Select 0 (zero) which is silent for all options (this doesn't need to be done for the vibrate only section) and reminders should be set to off.

6) Push the Write to Phone at the top and then restart phone.
    (Courtesy of bzpilot)

METHOD 2
    1) Using p2kman, delete the files:
    /a/mobile/audio/MyToneDB.db
    /a/mobile/audio/TempToneDB.db

2) Powercycle your phone(ie switch it off then on again). The TempToneDB and MyToneDB databases will then be built up again when you switch your phone back on.

3) You should now be able to access your Alarm Clock and Ring Style Detail menu in order to set your ringtones

--------------

Now Personally I do both meathods becuase sometimes just one or the other leaves my phone confused still. So I set everything to 0 then delete the .db files.

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well done Wizardtom u r doing a good job....

5. buckweat

buckweat Member

Hey THANKS so much mossy and Wizardtom. It works Now :). Person at my cell phone store asked me like 3 times if i dropped it. Lol i said no i dont think they belived me. Lol Thanks Again.. But there maybe one other thing u guys can help me with Is there a good place to get .mp3 and .midi Ring Tones Ive Used 2 Thump Swap but there hardle ever updated Thanks !

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

no problem at all and about the mp3 and ringtones if u use the google search u will find lots of them FREE!!

7. SpawnMTF

SpawnMTF Member

Hello, I did the same thing with my cell phone V180, and now Im not able to access "Ring Styles -> Loud Detail" so I searched the web and I found this place, so I tried that solution, and still not able to access "Loud Detail" :(, what can I do ?? Please someone help me :(

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  8. SpawnMTF

SpawnMTF Member

Now I could solve my problem, tomorrow Ill explain how, because I need to sleep =(.
    Thanx for the help =D.

9. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

thats interesting,,,, i'll be waiting...

10. SpawnMTF

SpawnMTF Member

Sorry, I forgot to post here.
    Well I couldnt access the Ring Style Detail, so I tried to solve the problem using the methods explained here, and then didnt work ...
    So I erased all the mp3 that I had added to the phone, didnt work, erased all categories created on phonebook, didnt work, erased all the events created on datebook, didnt work, I erased everything that could use a ringtone, didnt work, but when I did Method 1 and Method 2 up there AND added back one mp3 it worked !! =)
    Well thats it ...
    Thanx for the help

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010