1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice for a potential Xbox owner

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 21XL, May 17, 2004.

1. 21XL

21XL Guest

What's cracking everybody. I have a couple of questions regarding an Xbox that I'm sure most of you can help me with. I apologize if my questions have been answered in other threads, but if you can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this has any signifigance, but I know a lot about Playstation 2 info regarding backups, mods and other things as that I started with my PS2, but now want to add an Xbox to my arsenal. Is there differences between the 2 based on backups?

I've been reading up on Xbox and trying to decipher some things that I do have questions for. So here goes. Thanks again in advance for all your help

For an Xbox, how can you tell what version you own and which one is more reliable?

I know that Xbox's came with different brands of DVD-drives ranging from Samsumg to Phillips drives. Is there any particular differences in the drives for reliablity purposes? Does it really matter? How can I tell w/o opening the system what drive my Xbox has. I did read somewhere that the hole sizes in the tray has something to do with the differences. If anyone can verify this, it would be appreciated.

Now to the topic of modification, I'm stuck on either a Matrix modchip or an Xecuter 2.3 Lite chip (Both with pogo pin installs right?). Which one is more user friendly and easier to install? Also if you can suggest good websites for me to purchase my chip, that would be great.

About the harddrive replacement, is there a certain brand that I should be looking at to purchase? Also is their a spec sheet that I would need to follow when making my purchase?

I've read the tutorials on both issues and feel that I can follow the directions quite well for flashing the chip and backing up my games.

I apologize if this thread is long, but I hope that I might be able to get some info from the people that know about this. Thank you again in advance and I hope to be adding an Xbox to my PS2 to have the best of both worlds.

Thanks again and hope to get help soon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2004
  2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

www.xbox-scene.com everything u need on there.

3. 21XL

21XL Guest

Thanks for the 411