1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice on VOBBlanker

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by enginman, Jul 13, 2007.

1. enginman

enginman Member

I've been using VOBBlanker to split multiepisode disks into two and have a basic question and then a specific question about a disk I cannot split.

Basic question: when you look at the VOBs in the lower window for, lets say a 4 episode disk, you see the four episodes and one VOB (always listed last in the list) that seems to be all of the episodes lumped together (the time is a total of the episode times). What is this big VOB and do I leave it or blank it? It seems to not matter if I leave it or blank it, I have always been successful in blanking the individual episodes.

Specific question. I am trying to split a disk with three episodes. This time the large "lumped together" VOB is listed first and then the three episodes (with a size of 0 bytes listed). If I blank the large VOB I get no episodes. If I leave it I end up with all three episodes even though I have blanked one or more of the individual VOBs.

I'm definately a newbie with VOBBlanker so any help and insight you can give me would be most appreciated!

EM

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

There are other programs that you can use to do the same thing. I use DVD ReMake Pro. But I am very familiar with VobBlanker. I used it for years because it was free. Maybe this guide will help you. http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/splitdvd9/index.php

You should be able to do it without a problem. You can keep the menu's and all. However, without a program to be able to edit the menu's you will have buttons that will point to removed cells. That is where DVD ReMake Pro comes in handy.

Good luck!

Edit: As far as you second question goes, you may need to venture into the Vob file to remove individual items. You should be able to view everything that you want so that you know what to remove.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007