1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hk2npck, Aug 1, 2003.

1. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

ok....guys?? sould I register my domain name for 3yrs ($60) or buy a PCI TV tuner ($60)?

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I don't under stand the question, how they equal?
    If you want a good TV tunner it will be more than $60, that is if you don't want the sound to get out of sink with the video. You probally (depending on what country your in) at least $100 to $200 for a good tunner card.

3. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

well...tv capture cards with tuners cost 100-200 dollars...just a tv tuner i can find for 60....i want both.....but dont know which one to choose

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I would not register the domain name, save up and get a capture card that would have the functionality to do what you need. What are the advanages of register your domain name? weigh out your advantages and that would help you decide.

5. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

well...right now...my website...hosted by me, can be accessed from my IP, or from a free redriection...(subdomainname.no-ip.com) I dont like these...so i figured I'd buy a domain name....and point it to my server...Plus...i want something now....

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Sounds like your entering into a Stuff war. Thouse are fun for Credit card companies. My brother friends were funny, graduated from University and buy every thing all new.
    In that case I would go with the domain name. I didn't relize that you had a webpage. Alot of the free ones can be very painful and limiting.

7. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

ok..thanks for the advice!