1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Media tanks' started by darthmunk, Jan 18, 2011.

1. darthmunk

darthmunk Member

2. darthmunk

darthmunk Member

Bump please? Need to know asap if the one I linked to is worth getting cuz i want it right now lol.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

get an xbox and a remote dvd kit.. comes in under £20 .. then softmod it (free) .. build a bigger hdd from the softmodded one.. or stream to it.. cheap and simple, but struggles with this HD bollocks a little.

I think that one you link is a bit of a scam.. nobody seriously wants rmvb capability from a media player.. the files are low def garbage and look just awful..

Look for x264 and divx/xvid capabilities and you should be good.. NOBODY seriously uses rmvb (or flv) for any actual fullscreen watchable content... and if you come across it it is simple enough to convert to a usable format anyway.. with a little knowledge

4. darthmunk

darthmunk Member

I have a modded Xbox 1 and that is what I have been using but it's like the loudest thing you'll ever heard. I also have a 360 and PS3 which I do use to stream in another room. The 360 I have though does not have wireless capabilities and the PS3 needs to stay in the room with the HDTV for blu-rays. I want this media player for another room with no internet that just has an SD tube tv. the one i linked to says it plays pretty much every file type, including MKV which is the main one i need.