1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help backing up a game...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by SonicTH, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonicTH

SonicTH Regular member

I'm trying to rip my pressed copy of Sonic CD (for PC) but I don't understand how to make a perfect 1:1 copy of it.

When I read the image from ImgBurn and then write it again, it doesn't write the same way. The computer reads the original disc as an (enhanced) audio CD, which I think is essential to get it to play correctly after its burnt (without that it won't play any audio from the burnt disc). The burnt disc it just reads as a regular CD, which means it'll read it differently (it'll just read it as a data CD). The game will still install from the burnt disc but when it comes time to play it, it won't play the same way.

So how can I create an image that I can later burn back as the enhanced audio disc and get it to work the same way as the pressed copy? I've never tried to copy a game like this before so I'm not sure how to approach it. Do I need to create the image in a special way or use a different method to burn it back to disc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.