1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help installing Slayers

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Rogue_77, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

I'm hoping someone can help me out with my mod. I have a 1.0v xbox with a Xenium ice chip installed. I was able to install the x4983 bios before I got my hands on Slayers. I was trying to install the dash using that, I was able to boot into the x4983 bios loading up the slayers. I installed all the apps and dash's to my F drive but when I rebooted into the x4983, the dash didn't load, just the MS dash. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? I can't FTP anything over as I'm still having some issues with connecting so that's not an option right now.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the bios may be set up to look for evoxdash.xbe on the C partition...you may be able to change that with the xenium os, i am not familiar with the xenium os, so if you can't change the boot partition you will have to edit the bios...to edit the bios you will need xbtool and a copy of the bios on your pc...once you have edited the bios you will need to flash the chip again...or you can simply use the slayer's disc as a boot disk to allow a ftp connection...ftp evoxdash.xbe evox.ini and the skins folder onto the C partition...i bet if you put evox on C you box will boot to evox.

there is a option in slayer's to put evox on C and the rest on F
    you should give that a shot if you do not wish to edit the bios.

3. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

Thanks for the info, I feel like a big goof, I didn't see that option in the install menu. I just copied some games onto the HD and was unable to load them up. Does it take a few minutes to load? I click on them and then the screen goes black and that's it.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

some games do not work properly off the hd, and need to be patched...i have had only 1 game that wouldn't play off the hd...so i just made a backup of the game and run it from disc.

5. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

That's my next step. I'm having problems connecting it to my home network. Initially, I had it connected to the same hub my computer is on, I can see the directories using explorer but couldn't see anything in a FTP program. I've since moved it out to its original spot. From there it's going thru a secondary router, have it acting more or less like a hub, but now I can't access it period. Should I setup the gateway or DNS to reflect a certain address? Currently, the xbox is labeled with an address of 192.168.1.2. Now, the router is automatically assigning addresses starting at 192.168.1.1 so I'm fairly certain that's ok.