1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help please with putting 16 avi,divx files to a DVD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by chriskent, Mar 1, 2006.

1. chriskent

chriskent Member

Hey all, I noticed a similair thread to this 1, but i am trying to put 16 Video Clip files (avi or divx) which are a tv series season 1,episodes 1 - 16 to a DVD to work in my home dvd player, the files are around 170mb in size and around 20-22 minutes in length,The software i have on my pc is Nero 6 Ultra edition, DVDSanta, Tmpgenc mpeg converter. If anyone can please tell me how to put around 16 170mb 20-22 min avi,divx,files onto a DVD to work successfully in a DVD player or what i need to convert or what software and settings i need in order to get these 16 files to work in a DVD player that would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

ok lets use nero 6

here is how use a program called nero recode it should be a part of your nero burning rom package

add all the video files have it convert the files from avi divx to nero digital which will incode them into mpeg 4 then after converting them into mpeg 4 run nero smart start select dvd and then select the cd video icon and select create a dvd then once the correct application comes up the software will convert the mpeg 4's into dvd files to be burned onto dvd after these files are created the dvd software will auto burn so make sure you have a dvd-r in your drive

also make sure your dvd home theatere system supports dvd-r

3. chriskent

chriskent Member

Hey John thanks for the info, i noticed you mention converting them to mpeg-4, i have this type on my ipod, i understand theyre usually a smaller screen size or resolution, if i do that with nero recode and then burn em to dvd files then do a dvd r,won't that be a small size on the TV screen? or will it be the tv's size but lower resolution,also if the divx,avi files are pretty good quality by doing this mpeg-4 convert, will it be blurry on the screen bcoz of the mpeg-4? or should it still end up pretty clear?
    p.s: i've successfully burned the 16 episode season by putting 8 ep's on 2 dvd'rs on high reolution quality with DVDSanta but it takes forever, e.g: each 20 minute file takes 20 mins each to encode, so i will try ur step with Nero and see how it goes to get all 16 on one disc, please answer the question(s) i mentioned above, thanks again.

4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

no it wont be because the digital recoder that nero 6 uses converts into mpeg 4 full screen not psp or ipod screen size

5. chriskent

chriskent Member

ok and being mpeg-4, how good would the quality be once put on the dvd as mpeg-4 playing on a TV ( if the avis r good quality to begin with) ?