1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help PLZ

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ILLrep, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ILLrep

ILLrep Guest

im trying to hook my ps2 up to my pc and when i hook the S-video up to my laptop i dont get any video do i need to change something or run a program? some one plz help im leaving for the desert soon and want to get this straightend out

2. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Hmm, I'm not sure about what kind of video card you have or anything. Unless you have a card that has TV-In then I think your S-Video connector is only for out purposes. Meaning that it only transfers the video signal out and doesn't accept an incoming signal.

Albeit, if you do have a TV-In card then I'd guess you'd have to right click on your desktop, and go to your video advanced settings. I'm not sure about Nvidia as I haven't owned one in a while, but with ATI you go to "displays" on one of the tabs on top. From there you can change display settings, etc. I hope this works out for you.

If you can give me the make and model of your video card (ie Geforce FX 5200) then I would probably be able to help you better.