1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by irish123, Mar 31, 2003.

1. irish123

irish123 Member

I recently got a Dell 8250 with a dvd burner. NEC 1100a It is of the +r/+rw flavor.I find myself in a situation of having a player for my home system that wont take the +r/+rw. I thought I had done my home work. Explaining this error to my wife has been a little embarssing. Anyway, I now want to get another dvd burner.That will do the -r/-rw format. I couldn't pass on the 8250,it was a great deal. I'm considering a Pioneer A05. I was wondering what some of you thought. I also thought that with Dell and Microsoft getting behind the +r/+rw issue that it would win out in the end. Now I'm not so sure. Any suggestion/comments will be greatly appericated.

2. Blootak

Blootak Guest

Just my opinion. I waited 6 months for a dual format drive and eventually went for the -r as the discs were cheaper. Now i find microsoft has backed +r, the discs are getting a lot cheaper and i just found out that you can burn 3 vhs quality films on 1 disc. In the near future i will be getting a +r

3. malum

malum Regular member

Why don't you buy another standalone. It would be cheaper (assuming you don't have a fancy one) and you'd be left with a spare for the bedroom.

4. irish123

irish123 Member

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean a stand alone? Do you mean another computer? If that is what you mean. I already have another desktop that I was planning to use the A05 in. I guess you can tell I'm new at this.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2003
  5. malum

malum Regular member

No. a new home system player that is compatible

6. irish123

irish123 Member

Thanks for the info. Its probably cheaper for me to buy an internal burner for my other desktop versus a new standalone. I was so focused on getting a progressive scan unit It didn't even dawn on me to check to +r and -r issue. Oh well live and learn. BTW what do you think of the Pioneer A05?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  7. malum

malum Regular member

I have an A04, it's great.