1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by MelanieT, Feb 14, 2006.

1. MelanieT

MelanieT Member

hey guys!
    i need some help! i have transferred some tv shows from my tv to my video camera to my computer. when i first started doing it, there was a black line on the right side of teh video. it squished the video a bit, so all i need to do is find a program to get rid of the black line, and stretch the video back to the size it should be. i hope you understood that. so i need some help on finding this program...i tried googling it, but i dont know what to call it...any help would be appreciated! thank you so much.

2. euphrus

euphrus Member

This is a rather simple fix.
    But, first, I need more information.

Most importantly, will you be viewing this on a television or on a computer.

Do you have it in AVI or MPEG format?

What is your target medium / format?

3. MelanieT

MelanieT Member

oh, im using the videos for an iPod video, so on the computer i guess? its in mpeg-4 format (.m4v), and id like to keep it in the same format. also, the video is 320 x 240, and when i put it back into iMovie, there's two more black lines on the bottom and top because when i put it into iPod format, it turned it into the size of the ipod screen. is there anything else you need to know?? thanks for answering!!

4. euphrus

euphrus Member

Open the file with Virtualdub (freeware).
    Crop the borders - until the black line(s) are gone.
    Resize to desired width and height.
    Then save using desired codec.

Let me know if you need detailed instructions...

5. MelanieT

MelanieT Member

hey- sorry, i forgot to mention i use a mac!! that program is only available for windows, im pretty sure. is there anything you know of that will work on macs?? thank you so much!!