1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some more info about pocket pcs

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by DynatyxXx, May 19, 2005.

1. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

alright i know the movies have to be wmv's and music can be mp3.
    when converting a video file to wmv whats the optimal video pixels size ?
    is there anyway of surfing the net with it wireless and far away from home =)?
    how much does 1gb card cost aprox.? are there bigger cards than 1gb (guess not =/)?
    if it got bluetooth, can i transfer ringtones and shit from it to my cellphone ?

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  2. steve7059

steve7059 Member

Optimal video pixel size: Most pocket PCs have a 240 x 320 display, so if you want to watch the movie on the whole screen, use 240 x 320.

Surfing the net wirelessly and away from home: I've done this 2 different ways. The most obvious is using a 802.11 "hot spot", such as at a hotel or a cofee shop. They're not always free. The other way I've done it is by using bluetooth to connect to my bluetooth enabled phone and "dial up" a connection. You will need a dial-up ISP account to do this.

You can get a 1GB SD (secure digital) card for as little as $73.99. If your device accepts CF (Compact Flash) cards, they have capacities as high as 8GB! Look at TigerDirect.com for latest prices on memory cards.

A bluetooth enabled Pocket PC will let you transfer files (ringtones, wallpapers, MP3 files, etc...) to another bluetooth device. The question is, will your bluetooth phone accept them? On my Motorola V710, the bluetooth only supports wireless headsets and dial-up networking. It depends on which bluetooth profiles are enabled on your phone. Your cellphone service provider should be able to answer this question for you.

3. steve7059

steve7059 Member

Sorry - didn't mean to double post.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  4. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

no problem.......thanks for the info