1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some questions answered PLS?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ruizw9, Aug 6, 2002.

1. ruizw9

ruizw9 Member

ok,im a newbie as you can tell,but anyways i followed your guide for using dvd decrypter to copy dvd5 it was very simple and helpfull,it copied the movie to dvd+r in about an hour or less i was impressed the movie didnt much quality,but when i pop in the disk on my pc windvd wont play it the demo of power dvd reads it as a dvd and plays it,my quetion is why wont win dvd play the movie? of course my stand alone players wont play it either,but what concerns me right now is why it doesnt play in windvd,i followed the steps on the guide to using dvd decryptor and burned the iso to the dvd+r but i also read that maybe is the quality of the disk anyways i was wondering if i can use clad dvd istead of ifoedit and also if i can use clad dvd in conjunction with dvd decrypter to get dvd9 to fit dvd5 i read in the forum that ifoedit does not like windows xp,anyways i know i wrote alot if inxperience stuff but i would appreciate any help

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ruizw9,
    I'm not sure I'm following your questions -
    But here goes,
    I've been using WinDVD for 11 months with no problem and just last month it wouldn't play my DVD's - uninstalled it - reinstalled plus a bunch of other stuff, couldn't get it to work -
    PowerDVD works great, sooo who cares, I just gave away the WinDVD disc.

Ripping DVD's seems to be a little mixing and matching, one common place many seem to get caught in - they scrimp on media. Always go with the good stuff - it may be a reason your stand alone isn't working either (also, let's check your stand alones specs to be sure that it will work in the first place)

I've had a bit of trouble with ifoedit too (XP problems me-thinks) maybe some of the other geniuses will help both of us to use that tool with XP

[bold]BUT[bold]
    I did solve the DVD-9 problem quick and easy with DVD Shrink - It's free, will rip your movies in generally 30 to 40 minutes. It allows you to compress your larger DVD-9's to the necessary 4.36GB keep in or remove menus and trailers (re-author) and provides you with a nice neat VIDEO_TS folder for you to have Nero or CloneDVD burn for you.

A second avenue is 321 Studio’s DVD Xcopy or Xcopy xPress, their prices have come away down since I got mine and you can get excellent results. It does the ripping compressing and burning with just 1, yep, that’s right 1 mouse click -

Another route for you to try, just rip with DeCrypter or AnyDVD and then use CloneDVD – it will allow you to burn your DVD-5’s and to split your DVD-9’s onto 2 DVD blanks.

Anyone of the above recipes should have you baking up a batch of great backups in no time -

Grab that apron and get-a-goin' -
    "P"