1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some smarts

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by coryr, May 31, 2004.

1. coryr

coryr Guest

It did work at one time and now it won't even see a cd,,,i have formatted my whole computer and xp pro has all the drivers,,,it is my master,,and the computer say's it is working fine but yet it still see's nothing when i put it in!!!!I did some kind of ram tweak at one tome and it still worked and now nothing,,,,,please help

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Ummm....what worked?

What is "it"?

No offence intended, but you post is about as vague as possible and will most likely never get answered unless you provide a clear and concise description of your problem, what software/hardware you're using and, most importantly, what you're trying to do in the first place.

3. coryr

coryr Guest

it is very easy to understand the basics of the question,,,,i have been on this site only 2 times now and it is the dunbest place with the most useless people that know nothing last time idiot's

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hukked On Fonics Werked Fer Me

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

lol... Nephilim I thought the same thing so I did not post.

coryr, I'm going to assume your asking about your optical drive(ie.dvd burner, dvd/cdrw or dvd-rom). I'm going to go a bit further and assume it is a dvd burner since you posted your question in the dvd-r forum. So ... Since your format have you updated your firmware for your drive? Why did you format? And your ram tweak, was this before or after your format? Last, Your original post really was very vague, and there really are alot of knowledgeable and helpful people on this site. Have a little bit of patience, these guys just might surprise you.

Another thing you could do is uninstall the drive, reboot and let XP find the drive and re-install.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Wise up coryr or you're outta here.