1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need SPECIFIC PC Case Recomendations

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by KillerBug, Dec 13, 2012.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I need to find a PC case for a small space. The space is 15.75 inches high, 15.75 inches wide, and 20 inches deep. I need a case that will hold a 7 slot ATX board with room for two long video cards. Figuring for the cords coming out the back, I figure 18 inches is the maximum depth.

I also need one of the following combination of bay arrangements...more bays are not a problem, fewer are...and all bays must be usable with long video cards installed:
    -7 5.25" bays (with at least two sets of three each vertical of eachother)
    -4 5.25" bays (with at least one set of three vertical of eachother) plus 4 internal 3.5" bays with good airflow
    -1 5.25" bay with at least 8 internal 3.5" bays with good airflow.

If that's not enough of a challenge, I don't want a tool-less case...it is going to be in a high vibration environment and threadlock doesn't work with tool-less cases.

I've searched Newegg and Amazon and the closest thing I could find was the HAF XB...but it sacrifices the internal 3.5" bays for a bunch of 2.5" bays...and $125 shipped for a Cooler Master case seems a bit insane.

Looks are not a huge priority here...I already know I'll have to paint it to match anyway, and I am handy with a Dremel.

Any ideas?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. john179

john179 Active member

Corsair or Cooler Master mid to high end will do the job depending on your budget