1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need the USB Driver for Sony DCR-PC103E camcorder!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Jim-SR, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Jim-SR

Jim-SR Member

as the title says, i cant find it anywhere and cant use my new camera until i can get it :(

ive tried all the sony sites as well as every other means i could think of! any help will be HUGELY appreciated!!

thanks for any help at all :D
    JIM

2. Jim-SR

Jim-SR Member

any1?!?!?

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

4. Jim-SR

Jim-SR Member

i want the USB driver so that i can transfer films off of the camera ontp my computer for editing

i dont wanna do live streaming as in record from the camera down the usb cable directly onto my HDD!

i assumed the USB transfer was the only way to get the videos off of the miniDV tape and onto my PC?! am i wrong?

5. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

no you want to use the firewire capture. Your computer needs to have a firewire card (ieee 1394)--most newer computer include this. You then will need a firewire cable (for the sony this will be a 4 pin(at the camera) to 6 pin (at the computer) or 4 pin (if you use a laptop))

Once you connect this up, the windows plug and play will identify it. I use pinnacle studio8 and then the controls are on the computer and will control the camera. It's a beautiful thing.

6. Jim-SR

Jim-SR Member

thankyou so much mate!

i just had a read up after your first reply and realised that i.link was firwire, id never heard it called that b4, i thought it was a sony thing, like memory stick!

i dont ahve a firewire card but i can buy one, and il get the cable! thanks for the help!

JIM

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003