1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to condense lots of stuff.

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by bustted, Nov 25, 2006.

1. bustted

bustted Member

Hello Everybody
    Wow. Very impressed with all the forums.
    I didn’t quite know which forum to post this so being a newbee I hope you will accept my apologies.
    I’am a 40 year old gadget freak who is about to move into a bus. (Don’t ask, long story).
    I have at my disposal at the moment.
    2x pentium4 3 GB PCs with DVD burners
    1x PS2 v4 with mod chip (but I don’t know which one)
    1x PS2 Flip top (unmoded)
    1x Xbox (unmoded)
    2x 40gb Hard Drives
    1x External 160 GB USB Hard Drive
    And loads of ps2 games (CD & DVD), CDs & DVDs. I wish to back up when my originals go into storage.
    What I would like to do is cut my gadgets back to a Laptop for surfing, a PS2 which will play games (originals & back ups), MP3s & DVDs (original & back ups). Is any of the stuff above compatible with each other? Obviously the Pentiums are going into storage.
    Can I mix’n’match? Say 40gb hard drive into moded PS2? Should I scrap the moded PS2 and use the flip top? Can I Plug the external HD into the USB on the front of the PS2 and get it to play my MP3 and or DVD libraries?
    If anybody can answer any of these Questions or point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
    Bustted.

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Welcome to the best forums on the Internet.

I would try browsing around the Playstation 2 forums, they have a crap load of information about mods.

Since you generally don't want to be using a computer while you backup DVD's and CD's you should take one of the Pentium's set it up with one of the 40GB drives and some applications like Shrink/Decryptor/FABDecryptor/RipIt4Me and all that good stuff. Use it just for backing up your games and movies, so you don't have to waste your laptops power and drive.