1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to edit a DVD using Sony Vegas or Nero Express

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by MeNoRike, Feb 24, 2005.

1. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

Hello, I've been trying to edit a DVD that I have already made from my set-top DVD recorder. I want to make a menu and then edit the scenes with commercials.

So far, I've tried using Nero but am more familiar with Sony Vegas.

I've got a disc in LP format that I have copied onto my computer using DVD Decrypter. I have then tried to send all the .VOB files into Nero express so I could edit them but have recieved Error messages like "Unable to input ______3.vob" and another warning that tells me I don't have the Dolby Digital Support needed for Nero, and want's me to pay $24.95 so I can download the codec for it.

I have been having MANY problems with Nero and would like to know if there is any way I can take the .VOB files I created on the DVD that are now on the hard drive, and edit them with Sony Vegas since I am way more proficient at that. Is there anything that I can use that will convert my .VOB files so that I may work with them in Sony Vegas or DVD Architecht ?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

Help ? Anyone ?

Is there any way to convert my .VOB files on a DVD so I can edit/compile them in Sony Vegas ?

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, VOB files are MPEG2 files. Have you tried renaming the extension to MPEG or MPG? If that doesn't work, try opening the VOB files in MPEG2Cut, and saving them out as MPG files.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ MeNoRike

You posted this question in four separate forums which is called multiposting and is a wonderful way to get banned. I suggest taking a look at the forum rules before posting again - there's a link to them in my sig.