1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to get on XBOX LIVE Wirelessley - "The Wrong Way?"

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mnh01, Nov 11, 2004.

1. mnh01

mnh01 Member

Ok. So here is my question.

I was wondering if the way I am trying to get my XBOX on XBOX LIVE can be done.

I am now trying to hook my XBOX up go my PC and using ISC to get my xbox online. Here is what I have tried to far. And if someone could help out, I would more than appreciate it.

I have a Wireless LINKSYS Router. NOT the router/switch combo. DSL goes directly into the router. Then I have a Linksys WUSB12 (http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=36&prid=519) hooked up to my 2nd PC and I get internet on the 2nd PC just fine. But that is also my question... Can I actually use a USB Wireless adapter on my pc and yet share that connection through a NIC Port?

I also Have a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard on my 2nd PC. (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=25208&CatId=1129) It has 2 NIC Ports built onto the board. I am tring to figure out if I can use one of the 2 NIC PORTS on my PC (using a Cable) and get LIVE to work on my XBOX.

I have tryed doing this with a straight & a Cross Over cable, but no success.

Please help. Below are some of the question my friends asked me. Maybe some of these question will help you guyes out there...

1) Did you set up Internet Sharing? ------Yes

2) Did you set up your IP & SUB MASS & Gateway Addresses on your XBOX Manually?-----------Yes

*** Please HELP :) ***

2. mnh01

mnh01 Member

And Since I am using DSL, does anyone know if I need to set the XBOX up with the PPPOE info like you do with the router? (already tried it and it didn't help?)

Also if it helps, here are the MANUALLY Set-up specs that I put into my XBOX...

I first tryed my XBOX on automatic settings, and now I have it switched to manual.

------------------------------------------------
    LINKSYS ROUTER: IP - 192.168.1.1
    SUBNET MASK: - 255.255.255.0
    IP ADDRESS RANGE - 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149
    ------------------------------------------------

XBOX

IP: 192.168.1.125
    SUB: 255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY: 192.168.1.1
    DNS 1: 63.202.63.72
    DNS 2: 206.13.28.12

*** I got the DNS from my PC as it connects to DSL.