1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to join two sub files

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by janlafata, Apr 9, 2010.

1. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

How do I join and sync two sub files? Each one is for an approx 700 mb video file. I have already joined the two avi's to make one file and I want to just create one srt for it. The first of the two sub files goes from approx :00 to like 56 mins, but the problem is the second sub starts over with the time of approx :00. I tried messing around with the two in Subtitle Workshop but I couldn't get it to work.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If the subs are srt, Subtitle Worksop should work with no problem. What exactly you mean by "tried...but couldn't get it to work"?

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Was there an option to add both srt files when your combined the avi files?

4. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

What I meant by tried is that I copied the text from sub 2 (srt) and pasted it with the text (after actually) first sub in order to make one file. Problem is the text from the first sub went from approx :56 to 60:00,which was fine, but the send subs text started at :00 so everything would have been out of sync. I was hoping that there would have been a way to update the subs times from the 2nd file so that they would pick up where the first one left off. I hope I explained that correctly

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

That is not how you do it. Subtitle Workshop has a "Join Subtitle" function.
    Under "Tools", "Join Subtitles". Add the first part, add the second part, and then under "Set movie Fragment", choose the first AVI part.