1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Urgent Advise

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Selayan, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Selayan

Selayan Member

Hey guys I'm new to this video editing thing, Well I have a project to do for my english class and we have to make a video parady of a play called The Crucible and my group and I want to make it look like Saturday Night Live and take the part out where at the begining of the show the actor comes out infront of the band on stage and announces wat is gona be on tonight's SNL, but instead of the guy we want to use ourselves in the picture. But first of all I need to know what kind of camcorder I need and what program I need to edit the vidoe we will shoot and then add the logo and some other stuff like colors and maybe like other print on the bottom of the screen. I have no clue what to do and I was hoping you guys could help me out. The project is due in like 2 weeks and I havent even goten a camera cuz I duno which kind, we need, but we need one that is able to be connected to the pc, and able to edit the video wit what I want and then play the video on a VCR.

2. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

for camcoders try to get 3CCD cameras,i prefer Canon XL1 ...........and for editing try to use pinaccle or adobe premiere , ummmm about adding other feature on the screen like layer...thats kinda hard, you need to use real-time equipments (something that link with autoscript....not sure about this point)

u must use faster computer about 2.4GHz , and to bring video to computer u need IEEE1397 cable/card

need more help ask about it

3. Selayan

Selayan Member

Ok, I'll look at the cannon one u suggested, but people said any digital camcorder should work, I have adobe premier and seems complicated cuz i never opened it but I also have the windows movie maker thing that came with xp. I have usb ports and stuff and I hope it has like a tutorial of how to add music in the back and stuff and credits, logos, on the scren and stuff.

4. ZombyHero

ZombyHero Member

I'm a little confused as to what exactly you're trying to achieve. It sounds like you want to superimpose yourselves over an image of the SNL set.

To do that, you'd need to shoot yourselves against a blue or green screen, and use a program like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut (or any number of professional tools) to apply what's called a Chroma Key that will knock out the background behind you, so you can replace it with an SNL set. Its not a very easy thing to do well without any experience, but if your school have an A/V department, I would check with them.

Good Luck

5. Selayan

Selayan Member

ounds good, 'm trying to get a camera from the school too cuz i havent bought one already, I havent even begun. I think I'm prolly gona fail it.

6. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

ummmmmmmmm ok then.

7. Selayan

Selayan Member

Yeh were just gona use an old vhs camera cuz its due soon and we havent started, so we are gona just decorate with scenery then shoot it.