1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need urgent help with bulding PC

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by GuerillaX, Jan 21, 2009.

1. GuerillaX

GuerillaX Guest

anyone?

2. GuerillaX

GuerillaX Guest

I've just found out that the motherboard version is REV 1.02G so the BIOS version is 0502 and I need it to be 0801 for the E5200 to work. how the hell can I flash the board with a new bios without a CPU that works in it. this sucks T_T.

I hope Asus respond at least by tommorow. maybe someone hear can help me.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You'll be extremely lucky, Asus don't often respond to emails at all, let alone within a day. I do know though, that if the CPU doesn't work with the old BIOS, the only option is to try another one that will. I doubt Asus will be able to offer an alternative even if they do respond.

4. GuerillaX

GuerillaX Guest

well then I want to return it.
    how should I do that?

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Just box it up and say you want it changed as it's not suitable for your PC.

6. GuerillaX

GuerillaX Guest

and send it to Micro Direct or Asus? and should I obtain an RMA number first? or should I just take it to the shop?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Micro Direct. They will scream and they will whinge, but force upon them that it's their legal responsibility to accept returns within the first year of purchase. If you send it to Asus, you won't get a better replacement board and it will take weeks.

Remember, I stress this is not because the board is faulty, but because you want a different one. Preferably not Asus, and even more preferably, not an nForce,

8. GuerillaX

GuerillaX Guest

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

10. GuerillaX

GuerillaX Guest

yeah you're right. I'm going with that one then, can't wait for saturday.
    Thanks a lot for all your help, really appreciate it. If I have problems after saturday I'll post here, if you'll bother to keep helping a noob, lol.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

OK sure. Good luck. I'll warn you though, I'm quite busy over the weekend (LAN Party) so I may not be very prompt with responses.

12. GuerillaX

GuerillaX Guest

no problem. I'll be playing non-stop online Call Of Duty 4 this weekend \^^/.
    take care.