1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need v551 USB modem driver for 98

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Ticocal, Mar 25, 2005.

1. v551user

v551user Member

Well ... I have the same issue, but rather than a bring up a new thread I was hoping I could bump this back up (hope nobody minds) :eek:/

I have WIN98SE
    I have V551
    I have mobile phone tools version 3.11h
    I have Dpmod9x.inf (USB modem file)
    I have Dpusb9x.inf (not sure exactly)

I was able to install the Dpmod9x.inf driver. However, it connects the USB modem to either COM PORT 1 or 2 only. I believe this may be my problem, because I hear that MPT wants the USB modem to be connected to PORT 3 or 4 (but I am not sure). Anyhow, I cannot for the life of me get my phone to talk to my PC. Can anyone suggest some steps I may want to try to get it to work?? Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. All I want to do is upload an MP3 to my phone for a ring.
    Thanks!

2. Stink

Stink Guest

Ok guys here we go.
    The best version would be 3.23 although 3.11 will do.
    After it try to connect fone or stay at initialize for ever, hit cancle then there should be a picture of a fone pop up on your dest top ( if you are at initialize, you got that pics already).
    Treat it like real fone for now. Lick on the menu icon, there should be a drop down-->setup--> F6 general setup-->comunication--> modem exchange-->choose from list--> Now on your left look for Motorola GSM ( if you have CDMA fone then look for motorola CDMA) on your right look for you fone model. Selected then finish you r done it should work now. Good luck

3. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

The only problem is if the driver is installed on com 1 or 2 the method you discribed will not work (been there done that) When I installed the driver as discribed in my earlier post only then would mpt connect to the modem on com 3