1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need vista key help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Lkhn561, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i can second the auslogics disk defrag. it's better and more detailed than the supplied microsoft defragger.

also, the auslogics registry defrag comes in handy.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. cathudog

cathudog Member

You can use the command prompt and defragg much better within Vista and don't believe all people say about vista i have 4 systems running vista no issues and perfectly stable all running the new SP1 also and it improved some areas of the operation System. Also use the command prompt to do a more advanced disc clean up that will give you back some of the hard drive space that is eaten up by shadow copy. I also use Diskeeper Pro 2008 on all the time plus use the default Admin account so I do not get any UAC pop ups but it is still running in the background and this is been a good operating system for me and I beat tested since day one for MS and have gotten a lot of freebee for my help with there programs.

3. engage16

engage16 Regular member

well UAC is a setting... an annoying one at that... when i first got my laptop from hp, it had it enabled. then i reinstalled from a retail disk and their default setting is to have it disabled... it all depends on what you have it set at, regardless of Admin rights or not...