1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need xbox hd back to factory settings...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by littlet66, Apr 28, 2007.

1. littlet66

littlet66 Member

hey i want to restore my xbox hard drive to factory settings again and well i didnt save a backup when i accidentally deleted my c drive a while ago. slayer's disk doesnt seem to work cuz i cant boot without the mod chip on it just says "servive required call customer support". can someone send me a backup or help me out thanxx

2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. littlet66

littlet66 Member

see what i need tto do is have the xbox be able to boot into normal mode (ex. hold down power button to turn on). wat should i do to fix this cuz it cant right now and i tried the slayer thing which installed ms dash but only let it run in mod chip mode. basically i want to be able to get onto my xbox live when i want. what can i do

4. steimy

steimy Active member

If you have a modchip and an upgraded hard drive then Live will eventually ban you anyway. If you have the stock drive and the original game you can disable the chip (if that is a setting of the chip you have) and play on Live.

If you want to reset the whole thing then Slayer 2.7 can format a drive back to it's retail state. Meaning you will lose everything on the drive and it will be just like a new unmodded comsole. But you will still need to disable the chip to play on Live so i hope you own all the originals you plan to play. If not then check out Xlink Kai or XBconnect as they are two free online services you can play many games on. You will not get banned for modded systems.

5. littlet66

littlet66 Member

ok ill try that cuz i tried slayer 2.6 and it didnt work cuz i couldnt boot my xbox with the chip disabled cuz i got the xecutor 3ce so it allows that kinda boot buut ill try 2.7 hopefully it works

6. jroK

jroK Member

Say you deleted all the stuff on your current drive but you have the same drive in another spare xbox can you just simply swap them out? ( The other drive is non-modded and just sits in my other xbox) The DVD drive is broken.

7. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

No, unless both drives are locked with the same eeprom. Each xbox has a unique eeprom so its not quite as simple as just pulling the drive out from another box. If you do you'll receive error 6, cant unlock drive because it doesnt belong to the xbox you are are trying to swap.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/lock-hdd.php