1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need your advice regards to changing to NTSC

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jamieuk, Jan 17, 2005.

1. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

ok I have just recently bought a brand new 42" plasma and I am looking to be able to attach my xbox to plasma so I get the best possible Quality.

from reading threw some posts on this forum, I have laernt that its best to change my xbox from PAL to NTSC as NTSC xbox`s Will produce a better signal than the PAL xbox`s.

Please correct me if I am worng.

I am all so gonna buy this as well......

http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/product_...products_id=626

I have the excuter 3 modchip on my xbox and I am running slayers (latest version)

What do I have to do to be able to change PAL to NTSC so I can enjoy highest possible Quality on my new plasma ??

thanks for help !

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Changing from Pal to NTSC isn't going to increase the quality of the video signal.I don't think you can change from PAL to NTSC, it's a different voltage connection.

If your Plasma tv is a HD Plasma you can get the HD connector for your xbox and connect it to the HD hookups on the back of your TV.If the game your playing supports HD, the game will be in High Resolution.There is 480p 480i,720p and 1080i.Not all plasma tv's are HD, some are enhanced definition tv's and will only go up to 480p.Once you have the HD pack for your xbox, you have to enable the different resolutions in the MS Dashboard.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You can buy an NTSC-PAL adapter. On ebay they run from about $20-$30. Just plug it in an you get PAL/NTSC signals :)

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Irregardless, It's not going to improve the video quality of your games.It just allows you to plug it into a different power source.