1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Your Help To Stop Bush

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by john2, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It'll stay open as long as everyone stays civil :)

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i promise to be good :p

3. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

good doggie jeje

4. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

an o yeah i think George W Bush won the election
    i think thats good i somhoe couldnt imagine Kerry as our president and now that im a us citizen i think i will vote but till next time.
    I also hope we could have a woman president next time jeje
    Maria=)

5. JoshB

JoshB Member

[bold]Thank GOD President Bush WON...Wonderful First Lady too....

6. cmoney

cmoney Guest

I think everyone knew that Bush would win again.

It was a close debate though.

This shows one thing about the USA.(we are a divided nation when it comes to politics)

7. pieman

pieman Regular member

Not knowing too much about american politics, I think both bush and kerry are nobjockeys....but kerry seems worse...like an inbred cancerous kennedy.

just my pennys worth!

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the problem with americans like us, at least politically, is that we are so polarized. we have our vision for how the country should run and that is it. we don't open ourselves to others' ideas anymore or try to look from another's view.

democracy is based on compromise. everyone's stopped compromising and that is the reason that we have had a stalemate in government with nothing-doing for so long.

this election was so close because we have no dynamic leader to choose. you can't please everybody, but when a leader in a democracy can only get half the population to support him, you have serious issues. for the whole thing to work the way it should, the leader really needs a good 70% behind him/her.

just my thoughts.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]if only i was half wolf...
    [​IMG]
    Antec SOHO II Server Case w/ 400w psu
    AMD Athlon 2600+ & Seagate 80GB HDD
    Windows XP and a few other goodies[/small]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

neither were strong leaders...we're in trouble, amigos.

11. JoshB

JoshB Member

WAR...You mean Peace....Who started IT?

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

True true, but, its still technicly war....reguardless of who started it.

13. Nephilim

I'm just praying that John McCain runs in 2008.

14. Buik

Buik Regular member

Some posts back a member said that fully automatic weapons were illegal. Wrong. You just have to have a license to legally own one. The only thing that was done was to prohibit future licensing of fully automatic weapons. Anything already licensed at that time is still legal. There are about 200,000 legal full auto's out there. Probably none of which have been involved in any crime what so ever. Who the heck would go through the background investigation process, pay for the license and then commit a $10.00 crime? Give me a break.

As for nothing domestically?? I sure am appreciative of my TAX break. And I don't make near ammount considered to be rich. TAX payers got a tax break. Those that did not pay taxes before got nothing. Why?, they were not tax payers! Besides, Bush does not drink like he did during college, if he drinks at all these days. Can you imagine Bill Clinton with his finger on the trigger when Monica was servicing him????

God Bless the Italians. They are standing with us. How many governments have they had since WWII?

Thank you Brits. You are stalwart & Steadfast under Blair
    You better belive it.

seifey: Assault weapons are not "no longer banned". Assault weapons are strictly military. They are select fire weapons. Google that. What was previously banned were fire arms that "looked liked assault weapons". Or had characteristics assault weapons did. Educate yourself. Know what terms & phrases really mean. Please. Don't rely on feelings. Rely on knowledge.

I'm out of here for now.

TC

15. bruwery

bruwery Member

What does any of this have to do with DVD's?

I'm just angry - I was unable to vote because my penis is too damn large and I couldn't fit in that little booth.

Here's a true story:

When I did vote, they didn't check my ID. I thought that seemed strange seeing how we've listened to the two parties priming their "election fraud" lawyers for the last several weeks.

So I asked the polling attendant: "How do you know I'm who I say I am"?

She replied: "because your name is in the book."

Hoo boy...

At this point, I realized she had Alzheimers, but being the confrontational type, I took it a step further:

"What's to stop me from coming in here and using my neighbor's name?"

Her reply (this is classic): "His name wouldn't be in the book".

"Lady, we're neighbors. We live in the same voting precinct. Of course his name is in the book."

The conversation went on, but you get my point. Of course, I guess I'm the idiot for trying to make her understand.

What can you do?

16. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You realize poll workers don't make election laws right? I mean if the law doesn't say you need to show an ID and she won't let you vote without it that would be illegal.

17. cmoney

cmoney Guest

bruwery has a point.

If you knew your neighbor was going to be on vacation and/or was not going to vote,but was a registered voter, you could vote more than once by using your neighbor's name.

I agree that there are flaws in the system.

Why don't they ask for identification?

18. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I believe in some (probably on a couple) states they do. Since things like that are controlled by state governments there probably isn't a single reason why not. In most cases I imagine it's just how things have always been done, and nobody's ever raised enough of a stink about it to get it changed. Keep in mind that a lot of election laws predate the use of modern IDs.

19. bruwery

bruwery Member

Vurbal,

You're right of course, but I guess it just shocked me that nobody updated the election laws given the buildup for this election, and the stink the Algore team made in 2000.

I'm sure there are reasons. Probably changing the laws would result in "discrimination" against the very few that for whatever reason can't produce a photo ID upon request.

20. Nephilim

I like pancakes.