1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing some major help w/ 98

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzieb69, May 17, 2007.

1. ozzieb69

ozzieb69 Member

Let me tell you what I got first. I am orking on am E-Machine 400id. Originally it had a 6 gig hd but as that fried I have since replaced itwith a small 13 gig hd (factory was a seagate and replacement is a western digital) Running an Intell Celeron 400 mghz processor and I have upgraded the ram rom 32 mgb to 288 mgb with a 256 stick. My problem started when the factory hd crapped out on me. I have the master reboot disk and the new hd installed but when I try to use the disk it wont extract the files it needs to reboot. Everything powers up but the disk wont load anything onto the hd. Not really al thwat important but I want to puter for my kids room so that they wontcrash mine.

thanks

2. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

which win98 as in win98fe(1st edition) or win98se(2nd edition) are you using? do you have a win98 boot floppy disk? does the computer see the wd hard drive? also did you fdisk & formated the hard drive before trying to load windows?

Last edited: May 17, 2007