1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needs basic assistance- Somewhat lost.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by misled4u, Jan 20, 2007.

1. misled4u

misled4u Guest

I have dvd shrink and a program called Copy2dvd. I am not sure if there is a better one out there. I also have a basic version of fab. Not really sure what this is supposed to do. To top it off I also have VOb Blanker. Who wrote the guide for this? I thought I was able to understand basic english until I decided to read this manual. Since then I have taken it to others to try and Decipher how to properly use this program. So far it has just given every one a headache. There is a view box that never seem to work. I can click away until I have opened many dialogue boxes that I am told I can keep or process something, I am never sure what to do. I know I have to shrink the DVD down to size with DVD shrink. After that I am told to use so many different programs that I am not sure what to do next. I am open to any suggestions.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Start over and take the simple route. Once you get recording, then take your time and learn some of those apps. First of all we'll get you started with a macro program. Ripit4Me operates DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and FixVTS to turn out a good set of files so you can do a good copy. Shrink can then compress it and you can use the burner of choice. DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn will work or if you have Nero use that. Ripit4Me (RI4M) has an official guide written it plain English and it's short. The program is simple. Once set up it has a 1-Click mode or a simple wizard that leads you through. To install, you first install DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and then use the RI4M installer with installs RI4M along with FixVTS. FixVTS is a small program that processes video files for compliance. VobBlanker and IfoEdit work along those lines, but with RI4M FixVTS is used by the program for you. It's so simple I can do it and my computer illiterate friends swear by it. Here's the link: http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

3. misled4u

misled4u Guest

Thanks for your assistance. I have since downloaded the program you suggested along with a printed form of the guide. I want to be sure I fully understand what you are saying. As I understand you I start with the Ripit4me program and then I am taken through DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter program? The reason I question this is because you mention that Ripit4me operates DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter. So, if the 1-click mode basically gets me through everything but the final burning process I think life will be a lot simpler. I did notice that Ripit4me doesn't take care of Sony or Disney problems. Can you recommend a program that will take care of this? Again your assistance is greatly appreciated. :)

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Where did you notice it wouldn't do the Sony releases? I recently did Talladega Nights which had some of the heaviest copy protection till Saw 3 came along (release on Tuesday). One of my friends brags on RI4M all the time because he does the Sony releases that his buddies are always complaining about.

You got it right. RI4M opens and operates the other programs as necessary to do the job. In 1-Click it does the job for you and in Wizard it leads you through as long as you read the options before hitting buttons. The guide should cover it. Set it up and give it a spin. Then if you hit a snag, ask some specific questions.

5. misled4u

misled4u Guest

If you look on the download page of Ripit4me under the discription it makes the following statement:

RipIt4Me is a freeware utility to help you rip and backup your DVDs. It supports DVDs that software like DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter cannot handle (new ARccOS™ or RipGuard DVD from Sony, Disney - please refer to the FAQ section of the guide for more information on when RipIt4Me is needed). RipIt4Me is the highest rated software on VideoHelp.com and on Digital Digest.

6. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Ripit4me Does "Take Care" of Disney and Sony Problems. You May HAVE TO use Fixvts with Some movies before using Shrink

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It supports DVDs that software like DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter cannot handle (new ARccOS™ or RipGuard DVD from Sony, Disney -

That's what the passage said. RI4M supports DVDS that Shrink and/or DVD Decrypter can't handle. The things Decrypter can't handle are ARccOS, Ripguard, Puppetlock and things like that on the Sony, Disney and lionsgate releases; but the RI4M can.