1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neeed help with error 13 message can someone help PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by nastyd30, Jul 22, 2005.

1. nastyd30

nastyd30 Member

hey can someone tell me how to fix and y am i'm gettin that message cause i seem to not be abe to go back to the xbox dashboard need help PLZ!!!!!!

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

3. nastyd30

nastyd30 Member

ok wat do i do after that?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Burn slayers to a quality dvd-r or cd-rw, pop it in your drive, and you will see a list of options you can do. Choose the option you need and it will do the rest.

5. nastyd30

nastyd30 Member

is it slayer auto-installer thats wat i gotand my computer cant read the file everytime i try to open it and it cant read it and i cant find the software for it so wat do i do now just burn it to iso or i need to find the software to read it. do u no where i get software for it

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

The Slayers ISO is in the Xbox format, so your computer will not be able to read it what-so-ever. You will need a program like Craxtion or Qwix to extract the ISO. You do not need to extract the ISO unless you want to add programs and files to the slayers disc.

I use Alcohol 120 to burn my Xbox images. If you don't have Alcohol, just use DVD Decrypter. Burn the game onto a quality dvd-r or cd-rw and do what I said above.

7. nastyd30

nastyd30 Member

ty u very much i need the help

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No problem buddy, I'll get you through this problem....

9. nastyd30

nastyd30 Member

hey look now i'm getting error 16 when i try to load somthin can help me. do i suppose to have modchip because i have softmod my xbox not modchip way

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, error 16 are dashboard problems still. Since you have your Xbox softmodded, I can't help you out really much more because I am not big into softmodding. You could check out this forum and ask your question in the softmodding section, http://minnwild.8.forumer.com/index.php

If all fails, you could just install a chip and get your Xbox up and running again.

11. comrade11

comrade11 Member

i have same problem and the slayerz iso file is in my default roxio burner will that work to burn it? if not do i need to change it or something to burn i have nero and stuff i only can use cd-rw. help me plz

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Use Nero to burn the slayers ISO to a CD-RW. You could also use Alcohol 120, which is what I always use.

13. comrade11

comrade11 Member

i tried using nero the other day and it didnt work. the file default opens as a roxio cd burning image of somthing like that they call it. and so i think that could be the problem. is there any settings in nero i need to mess with before burning?

14. comrade11

comrade11 Member

i think i know the problem. the iso file of slayerz is default opened in roxio. so i think when i burn it it still wants to open in roxio which of course my xbox dosn't have. at least thats what i think please help me

15. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

16. comrade11

comrade11 Member

i tried alcohol too. do i need a dvd burner? if so i feel like a retard. cuz i dont have one. evryone said i could use cdrw's so i gave it a try.

17. comrade11

comrade11 Member

well i succesfully burned the disc i think. cuz it worked it my sisters xbox. but i cant figure out why it wont work in ours. i messed up my xbox by deleteing the dashboard files, so i thought burning slayerz disc would fix that. im not sure but maybe thats why it wont work, my sisters xbox is also a softmodded one, and hers is older version.

18. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Your lens in your DVD drive could just have a hard time reading backup discs. Not a lot of Xbox drives can read cd-rw's, but many can read dvd-r's flawlessly. But since you do not have a dvd burner, that is out of the question.

What you can do is take your sisters drive out of her Xbox and pop it in yours. Then install Slayers using that drive...

19. comrade11

comrade11 Member

do you think that the reason her xbox reads it is cuz its softmodded?

20. comrade11

comrade11 Member

also would i have to solder or anything like that to swap drives?