1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neph's POLITE Gun Debate

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Apr 4, 2006.

1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Got the silencer at the shop where I bought the gun, it's not a genuine Walther though.... Mine was a lot cheaper!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Greets pulsar, how've you been my friend?

3. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

4. Nephilim

Woah! That is one gorgeous little rifle. I really like the forward eject for the empties and the use of standard AR mags is definitely as plus. If only Bill Ruger would've used them for the Mini-14. It can be a real bitch finding quality mags for it. I've got a drawer full of crap ones from the wonderful Brady Bill era.....................................

FN's product catalog is like a wet dream to me. I've lusted after a P-90 ever since I laid eyes on one. The onliest FN product I've been able to adfford is my two-tone Hi-Power but she's such a sweetie it makes up for her being the only one :)

*edit - where the hell is the charging handle on it? Is it that black dealie up where the charging handle on an AR is?

**edit - ironically enough my financially challenged self I has the $2,200 but it's going on top of what I get for me Dakota towards a new-to-me Jeep Wrangler soon :p

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Heh, this thread rules xD

This is my "kit" that I use for airsoft - me and some friends go on a regular basis. These aren't exactly guns, in the sense they shoot real bullets, but hey, I'm not even old enough to, legally, own a "real" gun. ;-)
    I have however, shot the AEGs "real" counterpart :)

Heckler & Koch G36C - The model I use for airsoft is actually made by Tokyo Marui and looks like so... (Not my picture btw - but actual TM model)

[​IMG]

Add another mag clipped to either side of the loaded one and a more able scope and there you have my AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) assault rifle.

This, is my pistol, and secondary airsoft weapon...
    Gas Blowback, Beretta M92F - again, the model I use for airsoft is made by Tokyo Marui - (TM Model shown below)
    [​IMG]

Here's a nice pic I found of the actual gun and the internals...
    http://www.pagunsmith.com/beretta.gif

Then, for when I need a rifle in certain rounds :)
    Toyko Marui VSR 10 G-Spec Sniper Rifle..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For those of you that don't know, this is what they fire...

Rilfe - I use these.. .43g Metal, teflon coated BBs
    [​IMG]

Everything else - .36g teflon coated BBs
    [​IMG]

I think those 3 cost around £600 - £700, which isn't *that* much when you look the price of "real" guns, but meh. :)

Just thougth I'd share that with you all, Lol. :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  6. Nephilim

My nephew has a few airsoft guns. It's wild how realistic those things look. Unfortunately Ripper once you shoot the real thing there's not much else that'll do ;)

7. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Just so you know, the P-90 IS now available to civilians. Semi-auto, of course, and you'll have trouble finding 5.7x28 in your local gun shop. But I saw them at the same gun show. I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was in the $1,500 range. Ammo is about $0.30 a shot. I am not aware of any loads that have been developed, but you may be able to find some eventually and reloading it could make shooting it affordable.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/fn_p90.html
    http://www.impactguns.com/store/fn_ammunition.html
    http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg13-e.htm

BTW, IIRC, you're right about the charging handle on the 2000. I didn't get to play with it as much as I would have liked, but I'll find out once I have another $2,200 to spare...;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  8. ireland

ireland Active member

i was out with me family..for a little sun...
    turn ye sound so ye can hear the flowers opening

note i can only leave this link up for a couple of hours..

Family Day with ireland family

removed,by me
    ireland

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! That was awesome ... So that's what June Cleaver and the Beaver do on weekends!

10. Nephilim

Lucky kids. All I had was a .22 and an ancient single shot break open .410 :p

The one lady whoopin' and hollerin' was funny. I know what she was feeling - it's a total rush to shoot full auto!

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I want them on my side when the time comes. Looks like a little too much in breeding tho. LMAO

12. Nephilim

Ha ha! I wouldn't argue against you garmoon :)

13. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I wouldn't say that,BBs and pelts are nice,I like the power to sound ratio :p

however they need to reconfigure BB guns to be more like real guns in form

(theres more than enough room in most pistol handles to have the OC cart and the rounds)

Has anyone made a quick release OC cart yet? I mean think about it with a quick release system and a charging kit you can fill your own carts if you have a standard air compressor it might be less than 12oz per cart but even at 6-8 it would give a pistol almost 6-11 shots before the power drops.

Machine gun BB guns would need 2 or 3 carts but the bigger ones can hold plenty,why more?
    its a machine gun :p

BTW has anyone made a AIR powered bullet firing gun yet?
    even a compressed gas cart system would do

I do know some newer bullets use gas as a replacement for powder but I could be wrong enlighten me ^^

14. Nephilim

I don't know about air. Some rifle cartridges operate at 60,000 CUP (copper units of pressure) which would be kinda hard to reasonably duplicate with air. Even some of the lowest pressure pistol cartridges run at 16,000. Maybe a steam-fired gun but that'd probably be more dangerous to the operator than anyone else.

The Gyrojets of the 60's was an interesting concept that used honest to God little rockets instead of bullets. The big downer is they were useless at close range. You could literally put you hand in front of the barrel and stop the projectile because it's starting velocity was so low - it needed distance to build up velocity.

Another interesting project was a Soviet attempt at truly silent ammo for their special forces and assassinations. Most of the noise a gun makes is from the uncontained propellant gasses blasting out of the barrel so the Soviets figured out how to eliminate that in a pretty ingenious way. They used normal looking cases and regular propellant but the inside of the case contained a small sealed piston over the propellant charge. When the round was fired the propellant burned and created the necessary gasses for propelling the bullet but instead of doing that the gasses drove the little piston forward which in turn smacked the bullet hard enough to make it out of the barrel.

I don't think velocity was all that great but aside from the mechanical workings of the gun they were truly silent and apparently the Soviets use it to this day in a blowback operated pistol among other weapons.

*edited for piss poor typing.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Nephilim
    I cant "piss" straight either :p
    Do you want Future weapons on the discovery channel any?
    they went over some of the newer gas powered guns (I cant think of a better than gas powered) anyway it was smaller and more powerful than other guns of its gunpowder brethren.

16. Nephilim

Huh, I never saw that episode. Lemme check some oft-used resources of mine and see if I can't find it. I'm totally curious about these gas guns now :)

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I think I am using the wrong term,its something to do with the bullet I think I am unsure,I was not paying attention that day *L*

but the weapon used gas propelled bullets,or at least this is what I udnerstood,prepahs it was gas assaited?

but he used the weapon on normal kevlar and it put holes in it like a BB gun dsoe to a milk jug.

Did ye check out the dragon skin ep? thats some nice body armor they made :3

18. antomic

antomic Regular member

Well, here's my 10 cents.
    I think guns are not the best things around. They are tools, but they're instruments of death. Their purpose is to peirce things. For example, when the hell are you ever going to go hunting with a hand gun, or an AK-47? Their purpose is to shoot stuff and make things dead.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

humm we had a guy in our state strangle a girl to death with a vacuum cord so should we ban those?

he got the death penalty for the murder thank god and was put to death this week, saving the taxes payers 100s of thousands of dollars

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  20. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

antomic
    I am not a fan of "guns",I do like other types of projectile weaponry tho Bows,Knifes,Air based guns,spiring based guns and such,Guns are a wee bit overkill for my liking but if you can stay out of trouble they are not bad,its the people that have no self control or have a collection and don't keep it out of the hands of their raging teen agers and "friends".

Like booze it gets a bad rape...err rap >>

LOL