1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neph's POLITE Gun Debate

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Apr 4, 2006.

1. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

This forum is fine, in honor of Neph who started this one, besides we can't have too many political views running around here in our technical forum eh?

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yes sir, you're prolly right. ;) I better behave or I'll get a visit from binkie or someone who is just downright mean. ROFL. :p

.....gm

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

In the US, and many 3rd world countries, knife related deaths have decreased. People learned quickly they shouldn't take knives to a gunfight. I sometimes carry a Butterfly auto, but can't think of much more than "whittling" to use it for. LOL

"The pen is mightier than the sword."
    Well, somebody said that. Edward Bulwer-Lytton comes to mind. Euripides wrote (406 BC) "the tongue is mightier than the blade". Obviously he didn't meet the guy who was cutting out tongues. But on a more serious note, if the UK keeps going, the citizenry is going to be limited to sharp pointed objects, sticks, and clubs to protect themselves. No swords, so the pen will have to be mightier. I guess they'll be outlawing pencils and pencil sharpeners next.

I'm looking for a Panther 308 SASS. Anyone seen one for sale at a reasonable price (MSRP about $2100)?.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  4. greensman

greensman Regular member

True story about pencils and sharpeners. lol. :p

I saw one the other day PacMan... but can't remember the price. It was outta my price range so didn't take it into memory. I'll look and see what I see today. I'm going out at some point today so I'll be on the look for a 308 Panther. :) Ordered an STG58 some time ago, but NOT here yet. :D

PM me PacMan for some info.

Hope all are doing well!!

...gm

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Next we will be going back to sticks, stones, bows and arrows for "Neighborly relations". Why can't the politicos see the disease instead of the symptoms? The basic problem is this, the majority of gun owners never even entertain the thought of going out and shooting someone, the majority of serious martial arts students/masters don't go around kicking random victims butts, why? Discipline and self respect. Maybe I'm wrong here but the problem lies wholely in the mind of the criminal.

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Bro, you are already preaching to the choir here. Most of us here understand it, but unfortunately, the ones who don't see it have the majoity of the politicos ears. I haven't had a chance to go to the range in a few months, and it seems that it was a good decision as of late. I walked into the local wally world, and noticed their supply of ammo was bare. I still have quite a few boxes of ammo I haven't used, so I'm saving those for now.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT wrong but completely CORRECT in my mind!!!! Remember the criminal doesn't stop at the guy breaking into your house but the one that is trying to take away your rights is the REAL CRIMINAL!!!!!!

I'll leave it at that as I'm sure I'll get in more trouble than is needed. :p

...gm

8. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

You are not alone, same problem persists here as well on the ammo shortage.
    BTW: blivet, you are 100% correct in my eyes as well.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Greetings all :)

Every Walmart in metro Phoenix has bare ammo shelves. Hell, my uncle in Colorado just emailed everyone he knew because he's having a bitch of a time even finding large rifle primers. I've seen similar things happen when other democratic presidents were elected but no where near this level and certainly not for this long. Items like two-way radios, GPS units and generators are selling like crazy too.

One
    Big
    Ass
    Mistake
    America

High fives to all in this thread, even the dissenters for exercising their right to disagree!

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oh my!!! The GREAT ONE has graced us with his presence. :) Good to see you my friend and I hope that all is well with you and yours. Don't be such a stranger and I hope ye is still killing those Dang Prairie Rodents. lol. :p

....gm

11. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Nice one! Good to see you're still around Neph! :)

I've noticed bare Ammo shelves as well. Not just at retailers, but even at the gun shows in the area.

12. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Even my favorite place to shop, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com is low on ammo. I get their monthly cataloge, and they have a notice on the front cover and the ammo pages to check their website for most current prices and availability, as they can't guarantee the prices printed in the cataloge for ammo.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Neph
    Our little Wally World out in the country is running low on ammo. I looked in at some friends' shops and they seem to be well stocked again, after a quick sell out when the new gun ban was first mentioned. Prices are higher at the small shops. Everyone is doing a booming business in gun sales, especially the assualt lookalike guns.

Glad to see the doggies haven't got you yet. lol

Most of the morons in congress don't realize the difference between auto and semi-auto weapons and assault and sporter guns (anyone looked at a Remington R15 lately). This new scare of US assault weapons in Mexico is a farce. The weapons being used by the gangs are most often full auto weapons (military and law enforcement only). For the regular citizen those are illegal without a special permit and you're not going to see them sold illegally. They're too easy to trace. I suspect that's why the Mexican government won't allow anyone to get a look at serial numbers on guns they've been lucky enough to capture.

The US trained police and paramilitary squads ended up working for the cartels, taking along military weapons. Also, guns and other weapons being sold to the Mexican government are ending up in the hands of the cartels. AK47s aren't made in the US and Hillary and her cronies are pointing fingers at the US for those as well. Guns only come from US citizens... like the South American and Mexican cartels don't have the money to get the good stuff. LOL Is Hillary still ducking phantom snipers?

Full auto guns and hand grenades aren't usual civilian fare. They're illegal in the US. In fact, about all of the things going on in the Mexican gun and drug trade are already illegal. So why do we need a gun ban to infringe on our right to bear arms? I suspect that's the work of our new AG appointed by the anointed one. As many people have already pointed out, if the laws on the books were enforced, there wouldn't be a need for gun bans and more laws.

In a couple of years things should look better in congress for gun owners, and they'll probably have a better friend in the White House in 4. If we could only get Queen Pelosi and King Harry removed from the throne ... LOL I have no idea what could be done with an anointed one. Excommunicated?

14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Welcome back Neph, don't be such a stranger now that America needs you in our defense of America against those pesky prarie rodents.
    AKA DemocRATS.

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Lol you guys all hate democrats don't you?

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT all of them.. just the ones that are liberal and making ignorant laws that cripple the US in many ways. :p

....gm

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol alright. got it.

I'm all in favour of guns as well.

18. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Abuzar1,
    who would you rather find yourself in bed with,
    Sarah Palin or Hilary Clinton?

I rest my case.
    Most politicians are out to screw you, but the republicans make it look better.
    Just my humble opinion.
    @Pacman,
    I thought you reloaded all your ammo,
    here in NC we have lots of components to spare.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol. I'll pick the sexy librarian.

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

A quick study that kid is. :)

....gm