1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neph's POLITE Gun Debate

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Apr 4, 2006.

1. antomic

antomic Regular member

hey... haven't been to this site in such a long time xD. Any of the old timers still around? I think there was a guy named Ireland or something wasn't there?
    anyway...
    I don't really like guns... I think they are senselessly violent instruments of death... but then again, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I wanted them banned, because I am a fervent supporter of privacy, freedom to do what floats your boat, and the freedom to do what you want with your body (i.e. the legalization and the taxation of marijuana...) as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else in the process.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

I personally think that humans are the cause of senseless death... it's not the gun that kills people it's the "HUMAN" behind the gun that kills people. ;)

3. antomic

antomic Regular member

true, but in my opinion, the primary purpose of a gun is to kill something or someone. Seeing as how almost none of us hunt wild game to survive, I'd say the primary purpose is to kill people. I am completely for privacy and individual rights, but it seems that the primary purpose for the gun's existence is to eliminate other people's freedom (i.e. shooting them and causing them to die haha)

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Hello antomic long time no see.

Sometimes your shooting them and causing them to die, prevents them from shooting you and causing you to die.

Edit: to be grammatically correct it should read:

Sometimes your shooting them and causing them to die, prevents their shooting you and causing you to die.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  5. FredBun

FredBun Active member

garmoon, quote: Sometimes your shooting them and causing them to die, prevents them from shooting you and causing you to die.

I bust out laughing, myself I stopped with the guns years ago, seen enough things in my life, to old for that now, but still keep one piece in the house, it has collected mucho dust over the years and hope it stays that way, but that quote was great, one little sentence that says it all. There is absolutly no rebutting that one.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

now thaTS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD GARMOON and very correct.and I'm sure all the bad guys would turn in there guns if they were banned,right guys? lol

7. little155

little155 Regular member

Riiiiiiight!

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

You know, you're right!! The gun does "KILL" people.... but people "MURDER" other people with knives, bats, sticks, guns, cars, golf clubs, fists, and ETC!!!!!

So the way I see it if you "KILL" something then it's ok.... but if you "MURDER" someone then it's BAD!!! m-kaaaaay!!

9. scum101

scum101 Guest

Atomic.. I think it was ireland I was chatting to a few nights ago.. the horses ass incarnate... somewhere else..

so anyway.. guns have a use.. when you want to give an idiot the power to kill with or without consequence, or a freedom fighter the opportunity to try and make a point. That is where the AK47 comes in.. they cost $32
    To carry a gun if you really mean it you must be either prepared to lay down your life for whatever cause or to be a plain and simple psycho. I carried a gun in war.. I killed people for some others cause not mine.. It isn't cool.. but any idiot crosses me now and I have no remorse if I put them in a box with my bare hands.. won't be the first human I have deprived of life for no purpose. It would be easier to stick a 9mm fmj in em.. but that can't be explained away as self defence in a country where carrying firearms is illegal.

10. BIFF0

BIFF0 Regular member

Don't understand guns at all.
    Take drive bys for example. You slowly roll up on your unsuspecting mark, shoot him and then quickly speed away. puppy!
    If you get involved in gang activity then you know you can be killed but they should at least do it like a man.

11. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Um, then take it up with the gangsta pussies to which you refer.

12. BIFF0

BIFF0 Regular member

Your pro gun. I am anti gun. Lets just leave it at that.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

HEy that's fine with me just make sure to have a few GUN friendly folks around when the "proverbial CR@P" hits the fan!! lol. ;)

14. BIFF0

BIFF0 Regular member

No need I will just ask them nicely not to shoot me.
    Gun users are well known for being rational understanding folk.

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I hope you're not serious but given the naivety of most liberals I'll take you serious and say good luck with that. I'll bring flowers to your grave (nice ones even, any requests while we're at it?) and let your grieving family know in the best, kindest and most diplomatic way possible that others more sensible than you had advised you away from the fanciful world of idealism towards the practical world of realism. In other words, grow some balls and try to act like the MEN and WOMEN that fought a revolution, expanded our country, fought a civil war, expanded our country some more, fought two world wars, made it through the cold war, Korea, Viet Nam and other wars henceforth. All those feats take guts, not sniveling, waiting for the cops to save us, trying to reason with ANY religious fanatic or fanciful delusions that banning ANYTHING actually makes anything go away. Think about it. We can't even keep drugs out of any single SUPERMAX friggin prison. How do you propose to ban guns in our entire country? Please enlighten me. I'd love to hear your plan to save us from the scourge of gun violence.

Heard that sarcasm so many times. Soooooooo lame by now. Michael Moore fan I take it? Believed everything you saw/heard in Bowling For Columbine? Did you perchance actually take the time to check the veracity of said movie? Bet not. Correct if I'm wrong and please do give me (forgive me for the quotes but as somebody that follows the issue closely I'm obliged) "the facts". In all seriousness, please do.

On a rational and logical note, it looks good that very soon Arizona will make it legal to carry concealed with no concealed carry permit required and university professors will be able to carry fireams on campus! Thank you very much! Think twice about a school shooting like Virginia Tech, we'll shoot your sorry ass here. Glad I live in a state that still has guts and sense for reasonable gun laws. Come on liberals, lets take bets! Whatta ya bet, ye misguided pansies, that if Arizona allows not only unrestricted concealed carry but Wild Bill Hickockesque packin' professors we're gonna turn into a modern day OK Corral? Please be reminded that we've already allowed the carry of guns in establishments that serve alcohol (read bars) and we've yet to have even one single drunken shoot out like our local liberals predicted.

Miss and love all who've kept this thread going both pro and con, and I LOVE the con because I love the true spirit of America! Like all great Americans I love my view and will listen to/consider all others even if they are make no sense!

16. BIFF0

BIFF0 Regular member

So you think it's better for everyone to have guns then nobody.
    I think it would be better if that Virgina Tech nut couldn't get a gun then after shooting some people a professor wastes him. And what if the professor loses it?
    Your argument of we need guns cause they have guns doesn't work cause just stop giving them guns. Yeah not too easy but if young men and women can sacrifice their lives fighting for America I just think something can be done.

Would have been great if these people had guns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBy6agXKoA

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...t-By-Young-Girl/Article/200905415290513?f=rss

17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

NEPH!!!!!!

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

That was profound.. hehehehee. :p

19. little155

little155 Regular member

Shake my head!!!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Seriously.. you're anti-gun... that's fine... don't carry one, don't own one, don't be around them... BUT don't try to take it away from everyone else because you feel they aren't for you!!!

Tragedy in California for sure.. it's the parents fault for NOT securing the gun well enough. There are safes, trigger locks, and so on to prevent stuff like that. Plus teaching your children NOT to touch them at that age is good too!!! Or at least training them if possible!!

The above is something that happened in my home state... it's not surprising that it happened it's surprising that a person that believes in guns and uses one is trying to take them away from law abiding citizens.

Like I said.. if you don't like them or want them.. then DON'T buy them!!

Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World

Check out the bumper stickers inside the gun cabinet.