1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neph's POLITE Gun Debate

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Apr 4, 2006.

1. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Actually, from my undergraduate days studying quantum mechanics for quantum chemistry (not ST related)

2. BIFF0

BIFF0 Regular member

edited by ddp

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. greensman

greensman Regular member

edited per ddp...

What exactly does this have to do with GUN DEBATE??

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Some demented people just have to have the last shoe in their mouth! It's a disease!

6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I watched that link, I think biffo means that most of those people are pro-gun advocates, he just didn't say so, I'm not gonna argue with him on that point cause we all know that would be true, lets call a spade a spade, and in that case I say so what, no biggie.

What did bother me, I was ashamed watching that, I'm not pro or against these people, I've had enough of all the political bullshit on both sides, but if I wanted to stand up for these tea partiers I would have to refrain, I never saw so many a-holes in one place at the same time in a long time. The shere stupitidy was so embarrasing.

I'm not against guns, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be around any of those nitwits if they were carrying one, unbelievable .

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gm, would you edit your posts to reflect what i did to biffo's.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Just got home.. edited per your request sir.

9. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

Quantum Mechanics sees more apolitical a subject

10. chris1980

chris1980 Guest

I find it funny that so many people a pro-firearms, yet most of them have probably never even used one, let alone shot at someone (the extensive use of the word "gun" in this thread proves this, as nobody that has any real firearms experience would ever call it that).

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  11. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It all depends which weapon you are using. If it is a rifle, that isn't a gun. If it is a shotgun, it is a gun. If it is a pistol, it isn't a gun.

But, most people use the term gun for any of the three. I don't have a problem with that. Oh, I have used all 3, and really, there isn't anything funny about it, but I am pro-firearms, although I haven't fired one in 23 years, or so.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hee hee hee! Thats funny as hell right there. So all the car nuts don't know crap unless they call them "aww toh moe beels" (<--insert snotty English accent). Thats one of the most idiotic statements I've seen in this thread.

Now lets talk rational. I'm as proud as ever of my beloved state of Arizona. In less than 90 days new legislation will come into effect allowing any and every legal GUN owner to carry concealed NO PERMIT REQUIRED.

And a warm hello to all, especially you Bruce!

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks for responding to that... well said and definitely good luck to you Arizonians!!!

14. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Hot damn gramps, I didn't know we had another vet here, welcome home, I came home in 69, an unforgetable experiance, some bad but mostly good, I never had friends as good and as close ever since, that part I cherish the most.

15. ddp

hello neph.

16. Nephilim

Hey! What's up ddp? Hows life?

Greensman, you little tramp! How've you been?

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  17. chris1980

chris1980 Guest

Okay then, join the army (the main, and intended user of most firearms) and try referring to firearms as "guns"... see how long you last. I was a Rifleman for 7 years and an SASR trooper for 5, I have more firearms experience than anybody on this site, hands down (unless there are some older people that have been using firearms for a long time).

Also, your comparison is out-dated. Nobody calls it an automobile regularly anymore. The word 'car' is able to be used interchangeably with 'automobile' with the same effect. A gun and a firearm (which in this context is a general term for rifle, pistol etc) are not the same thing for people who know what they are talking about.

I am also pro-firearms, just not when used by untrained idiots (like most of the people carrying firearms in countries that have no gun restriction laws are). Countries like Australia have firearm restriction policies and it works fine, if you want a firearm you can still get it.

My intention wasn't to imply there is anything funny about guns, I was being sarcastic.

Maybe you should ask yourself the question; why would a civilian ever need to carry a concealed weapon?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
  18. ddp

neph, keeping busy with the computers & you?

19. Nephilim

@ddp,

Been busy doing all the Jeepin' and shootin' guns I can do. Limits on time and money dictate computer upgrading comes only when absolutely necessary. Life is good :)

@ chris1980,

Blah blah blah, whatever. I've seen your type before. In reading your post history you seem way more interested in making it known that you are this-and-that Billy Badass military and you're also gonna be an FBI agent soon too. If thats what you want then let me give you a big fat "Wow! You're so cool! I wish I was that cool. Gee whats it like to waste enemies with night vision stuff and sniper guns while wearing an FBI badge?"

There. Happy?

20. chris1980

chris1980 Guest

Uh okay, that's the most cowardice and hypocritical post I ever have seen. Yes, you got me, I devoted my entire adult life (to date) to the army just so I can boast about it to strangers on a technology forum. I was merely stating my credentials so you respond with a personal insult... shows a lack of intelligence.

By the way when I stated I was about to join the FBI it was in response to an accusation that I don't know anything about federal laws. Both times that I have "gloated" (in reality it was just proving my point) another person brought it up, not me. If I wanted to become "Billy Badass military" don't you think I would have mentioned my time cross-training with the Combat Applications Group on an Amelio visit? That's boasting.

You accused me of gloating, yet looking at your profile it seems like you are the one gloating. Congratulations, you managed to kill 300 rodents, big man. I bet that ranch rifle makes you feel real tough.

No thanks, I'm straight.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010