1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neph's POLITE Gun Debate

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Apr 4, 2006.

1. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

AKA "Geril the Impaler"
    We take you now live downtown for the latest developments in what might be "Geril the Impaler"'s latest attack, a man was observed leaving Best Buy with a bag of Memosux media when witnesses reported he was jumped by a masked man in a cape brandishing an antique cane claiming to be the people's defender against bad media. Witnesses claim that the assailant warned the victim to drop his "Toxic Bag" and immediately return to customer service and exchange it for Verbatim or MIJ Sony disks,when the victim refused, the masked assailant shouted "Oh, the humanity of it all, the tragic humanity of bad media!" The assailant proceeded to jump up on a trashcan and ramble something from "Soylent Green", Quote, "You fools, can't you see it's made from....CMC!" At which point he gave the victim a couple of pokes from the cane and swung up onto the roof to dissappear into the night yelling, "Let my people go!, banish from within the demon of bad burns forever!" Certain city officials who spoke to us on the condition of remaining unidentified, said there really isn't a great rush to find this misunderstood hero who is only trying to save people from themselves.
    More details will follow as they become available.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

time to use the proper weapon...............

[​IMG]

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Where did you get my picture? ...my sister always said I was a neanderthal!

4. ireland

ireland Active member

shes ready to light ye fire,
    [​IMG]

something to light ye way
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

for the non believers
    [​IMG]

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I see the 30mm GAU-8 Avenger from the A-10 pictured. That's an amazing weapon system if there ever was one.

Gotta love the AC-130 carrying it's complement of 105mm canon, 20mm Vulcans, 40mm Bofors. What most folks don't know is that they carry three Daisy Red Riders in case they find something the 105 can't handle ;)

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@BlivetNC .... LMAO!!! That would be one hell of a miraculous cane indeed! It just wouldn't be the case though, Blivet, however great the notion. You see, the world couldn't possibly experience any greater act of terrorism than to be exposed to me in a pair of tights. They would lock me up and throw away the key forever and they would have every right to do so LOL! ...and they'd lock you up with me for ever having suggested that such a horror be unleashed upon the american people! LOL!

Which reminds me; just last week I read a classified ad in the Philadelphia Weekly's kinky stuff in the back of the paper; some guy with a sexual fetish for superhero costumes was looking for a woman who shares the fetish and who would get into having a regular sexual arrangement LOL! I'm serious! ...hell, I would love to be a fly on the wall for that arrangement!

edit: I've really got to learn to type better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2006
  7. codydog

codydog Regular member

that's an awesome plane. Saw it on Mail Call. The only thingthat impressed me more was the millon round a minute gun. Can't remember the name. If I can't have it, I block it out. Ha.

8. codydog

codydog Regular member

9. Nephilim

10. Nephilim

Lol, we were searching at the same time weren't we?

11. codydog

codydog Regular member

Yeah, I usually have about 4 to 5 windows open. Wikipedia is great.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

Metal Storm

[​IMG]

13. codydog

codydog Regular member

I hear that they are in the process of adapting this to be a shoulder fire weapon. I assume that it will be a smaller caliber, and slightly slower rate of fire. But man, it would make an mod 800 rpm m16 look like a sling shot.

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

DAMN! The ideal weapon for home defense!

15. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

16. codydog

codydog Regular member

Up until then I thought the "mini gun," or electric gattling gun was it. My most favorite though is the rail gun. Has anyone been following this for the last 20 or so years?
    EDIT>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_gun

17. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Yeah..the rail gun.. PTFE pellets fired by an electrostatic pulse. Part of the Star Wars project so loved by Reagan. I saw a film about UFO's taken from a space shuttle back 10-15 years ago which showed what was believed to be one of the supposedly non-existant weapons in use. Anyone else remember it? around the time of the fuss about "sidonia" on Mars.

18. codydog

codydog Regular member

Hi Jan! Long time no type. I called them roller skate wheels from hell. Some of the first projectiles were polyurethane cylinders with a copper base. The speed was a tad slower then. About 10000 ft per sec.

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I thought I would rekindle this one for a bit. Friday evening, Philly had the dubious honor of being on ABC evening news as an example of gun violence. They showed a filmclip of the mayor who, the evening before, gave a primetime TV speech about the murder rate in general and hand gun murders in particular. ABC showed the mayor in suit and tie saying "To the youth of Philadelphia I say, you are the future of this city...Please, lay down your arms!" The gov has added state police to the Philly cops and there is the strong possibility of adding the national guard to help patrol the streets. Philly has had just under 1,000 attempted homicides in seven months and nearly three hundred murders most by handguns. Yes, I know, people kill guns don't but that, my friends, seems like mere sophistry sometimes as it offers no solution and doesn't take human nature into account. With the same reasoning, why don't we make pushing drugs legal...after all, it isn't pushing drugs nor the drugs themselves that kill but the self destructive act of sticking the needle in your arm. Drugs have a legit use; why not sell morphine at the corner store just as freely as the store across the street from my office sells assault weapons? As a chronic pain patient, I have to go through hell to buy my medication yet I could by a handgun in a moment and handguns have but one purose. So too, the "right to bear arms" pales in comparison to my right to walk the street without getting shot in the back for the $10.00 in my wallet. Do our british friends feel all that enslaved and restricted by their govenment's restrictions agains purchasing handguns?

Thought I'd start the day with a bang (yuk-yuk)!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2006
  20. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

British!? Heck just look a coupla hours to the north.
    Exactly. Suppose you have a bunch of of angry young men locked in a room. Do you give them each a baseball bat or not?
    LoL, baseball bats don't kill - people kill, heheh...
    The U.S. Constitution assumes each American is an upstanding citizen; intelligent, level-headed, even-tempered and patriotic, ready to defend the nation from invasion.
    It seems that the 21st century threats are somewhat different (and difficult to forsee in 1789).
    Makes me want to move to Philly right away! Good luck there Gerry1...