1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 12 Vision

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by p23185, Jun 26, 2014.

1. p23185

p23185 Member

I am experiencing small white squares when I use Nero 12 Vision to author a compliant DVD folder and do not know what is different from using my previous Nero 10. I am using MPG2 files for the input, and have the Nero Vision set to the following

(1st Tab marked General)
    Video Mode = NTSC
    Smart Encoding = Disabled
    Second Tab marked DVD-Video see picture below

99% of the time I only author
    TRID099.

When watching the finished video DVD which typically will have 2-4 videos in the menu, the white squares appear like this........(this screen shot taken from the folder/file on the PC - not from the burned DVD)

(I will finish this post by adding a screen shot of the white squares after I reboot since the Win Media Player is not cooperating right now, nor can I get another player to work)

2. p23185

p23185 Member

Here is the screen shot of what it looks like - it might only happen once every 5 minutes and only for a couple of frames, but it is annoying and never happened in the older Nero Vision TRI9CCB.

3. attar

attar Senior member

Are the source files DVD compliant as far as Resolution and NTSC;if they are does Nero still re-encode them?
    The likes of AVStoDVD would just re-author to DVD.

4. p23185

p23185 Member

I believe all my MPEG2 files are compliant - I have created them for 10 years using various versions of Pinnacle Studio (have not changed versions for over a year). This new occurrence of white squares only started when I upgraded to Nero 12 Vision.
    TRI8086.

5. attar

attar Senior member