1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 30 day expires

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by warburi, Mar 2, 2002.

1. warburi

warburi Member

I loaded Nero last month to use burning cds, but have now tried to test burning SVCD, but it has expired. Anyone now how to give another 30 days ?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

By buying it? Demo _might_ run if you uninstall it and install latest demo again.

3. lorus

lorus Guest

where can i get the demo from and which version do i need to put it on? or can ijust run it on its own

4. dRD

www.ahead.de is the official site. You can also purchase the full version from there.

5. rkj78h6g5

rkj78h6g5 Member

(CENSORED!)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2002
  6. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

rkj78h6g5,

NO warez, NO serialz, NO cracks, NOTHING illegal.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2002
  7. andavari

andavari Member

The easiest way to use Nero past 30 days:
    1. Open your wallet and pull out your favorite flavor of plastic "MasterCard, or Visa."
    2. Go to the Nero purchase page.
    3. Charge Nero.
    4. Now you have unlimited usage, legally.

8. rkj78h6g5

rkj78h6g5 Member

It's touching to see we are all so
    selectively moral. On one hand, we are
    all using software that replicates DVDs. On the other hand, we recommend the only way to obtain software is to buy it. Interesting world here.

9. dRD

rkj78h6g5: I don't comment on other peoples' moral who post to these forums, but first of all, I personally use VCD/DivX/DVD-R/SVCD mostly (99.999%) to backup DVDs what I already own. The need actually to create easy-to-use VCD backup method was raised by my lovely 2.5 year-old daughter who loves her Disney DVDs and wants desperately to help her daddy to play them and eventually she broke two DVDs, since she can't take the DVD from the DVD case nicely.

But yes, I'm certain that there are users who use these instructions what we provide, mainly for illegal purposes. But that's not the point -- we offer instructions and tools that can be used legally or illegally, whatever you prefer to do with those. Even MS Word can be used illegally, you can use it to type threatening letters to celebrities, etc.

But by providing cracks/serial numbers/links to full versions of commercial software you cross the line, there's absolutely no legal use for those. And why we moderate those posts away from our site? First of all, we like to support guys who create cheap and good software, like Ahead does -- if you seriously need the software, you're willing to pay for it (there are tons of free tools, use them if you are not willing to pay for a more sophisticated software). Secondly, we don't want to draw copyright owner's unnecessary attention to our site, since DVD ripping is actually somewhat hot potato in certain countries -- hopefully you understand this.

10. johnbmx

johnbmx Member

going back to the moral thing....
    does everybody rip??
    how about people like me who make their own videos and use nero to burn to vcd so everyone can watch on the dvd player?btw..nero burns almost every format of disc except dvd.ex: cd rom , vcd , svcd, hybrid..etc

11. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I don't rip an awful lot either. Mainly burn videos I made from other non-ripped sources.

Nero does burn DVDs. Never tried it?

12. rkj78h6g5

rkj78h6g5 Member

Interesting. Not 100% credible, but interesting.
    This thread reminds me of the dispute we have had for years in the USA. Here, in some cities, there are what are called "Head Shops". Head shops sell what the cops call "drug paraphernalia". But the stores call it "tobacco accesories". The merchandise is all pipes, bongs, mirrors, rolling papers. It's obvious what it is all used for. Nobody really believes that people are smoking tobacco in little pipes or making their own cigarettes. As long as the stores sell only the accesories and not drugs, they have a wink-wink existence in the community and stay in business. What is really funny is, they also sell books(totally legal in the US because of the Constitution) on how to grow pot, and also a magazine called "High Times", which is all about pot. Everyone who works there or who visits walks around pretending that they are all there because of tobacco. It's like going to a stadium with 50,00 fans watching a baseball game and pretending it's a rock concert going on instead. HA HA.

13. dRD

As those stores, we want to stay in the business without cops/feds/RIAA/MPAA/pickyourbadorganization making our lives a living hell.

14. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

here is my favorite serial justbuythedamnsoftwarealready. people who do get illeagal copys of nero just drive up the prices for us folks who actually do buy the software. one more question what about these game emulators what do you all think?, me I already see illegal ps2 games, come on if people keep doing this they are going to do to ps2, what they did to dreamcast. software groups aren't going to want to make new software and the system is going to crash. sorry about running off. but hey there is a cool vcd viewer for dreamcast...wink wink. have a nice day!

15. rkj78h6g5

rkj78h6g5 Member

Wonderboy, is that supposed to be English or is it some kind of counterfeit-pseudo-English-fake-pirated type of language you're speaking, perhaps one that doesn't require the use of grammar or capitalization or even logic?
    All teasing aside, I still can't help but admire the selective obedience to laws here. I guess nobody here ever speeds, runs a red light, tosses a cigarette out the window, jaywalks, lies to their boss or wife, or accepts excess change at a store. A beautiful perfect honest world we all have now. Ahhhhhhh......

16. dRD

rkj78h6g5: Ok, I agree that there are tons of guys in here who use our guides and tools for illegal purposes. That's their problem. We don't encourage anyone to do anything illegal, period.

And as far as the forum posts go, I guess you agree that by posting serials/links to cracks/pirated movies people are drawing unwanted attention to our site.

I would feel extremely stupid if we can get away by being of the biggest DVD ripping sites in the world, but get closed because some morons posted illegal Nero serials on our boards. Right?

17. Jeepers

Jeepers Guest

if someone want serial/cracks there are as easy to find online as anything but if no one pays for the programs then no will be making them i dont see to ment of the ppl puting out the crack putting out any worth while programs i personaly do pay for any software i do use regulary not to say i didnt try the program for free first ...lol .. so bottom line plz pay for the software that ya use most is fairly cheep anyways

18. dRD

Exactly. There aren't that many tools that I have purchased myself, because I really do use my computer mostly for Net stuff and video tweaking. But the tools that I use and have found that they serve the purpose that I need them for, I have eventually always bought -- FTP tools, burning tools, text editors, etc, all of them cost less than $50 a piece to register and you get a chance to support your favourite tools' developers.

19. bbhugog

bbhugog Member

My Nero came with my writer!!! I bought the DVD I am trying to burn. It is tottaly legal. So can some one awnser my question now???

20. rkj78h6g5

rkj78h6g5 Member

I do agree that Nero 5.5.5.1 rocks. Works
    MUCH better than Roxio and MUCH more stable,
    faster, none of the dumb pauses of Roxio.
    So I'll tell you that Nero is great.
    Where you get it from is your thing, not mine.