1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 5.5.10.0 Compatibility

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johnnymo, Jun 4, 2003.

1. johnnymo

johnnymo Guest

I ripped a DVD using DVD Decypter's latest.

Used DVD2One latest to create the vobs etc.

Created the DVD using Nero 5.5.10.0 on a Sony DRU-500a (latest firmware of f) using the +R format media.

Plays fine on my computer and one stand alone DVD player. The Apex that usually plays all formats reads "error" when I put in the disk.

Is this potentially a flaw the way that Nero encodes the DVD? Any suggestions? Any other burning software that might do a better job?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You could try upgrading Nero to the latest which is 5.5.10.28 but the problem is probably not Nero but the discs and/or DVD player compatibility.

3. johnnymo

johnnymo Guest

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah I somehow don't think Nero is the issue or the produced DVD+r's would not work in the Sony unit.

But then I also don't feel that it is the media since every disc I have created (home movie DVD's) have played fine in the Apex 1200.

I wonder if the DVD writer with Nero does something different that somehow has problems with the Apex.

Still perplexed and hopefully someone will help me find the answer.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It is a characteristic of some DVD players that they won't play certain types/makes of discs. Example - my Princo 4x DVD-R all play fine on my Accoustic Solutions but on my friends two Panasonic players a message comes up 'invalid discs'. The only thing to do is get a DVD player that will play anything but that is probably trial and error. Ironically the cheaper players usually the most compatible and the newer the better. My Accoustic Solutions plays anything you throw at it. I'm certain the problem is not with Nero. You can check out the DVD-media section above to see about disc/player compatibility.