1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.0.0.15 Update Problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Skillz, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Skillz

Skillz Guest

I have updated my version of nero, and it wont let me even slightly overburn Data CD's. Seems to be fine with audio cd's that are loner than hthe data ones, anf the overburn option is checked, so I really dont know whats goin on.

Should I just uninstall and then reinstall nero without the update??

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Nero 6.0015 and Nero 5.5.10.50 have been identified with overburning bugs that do not allow overburning. Go back to either Nero 5.5.10.42 or Nero 6.0011

3. Skillz

Skillz Guest

thanks, went back to Nero 6.0.0.11 and it works fine now. Why did nero relese the update if it doesn't work properly and why havent they taken it off their website???
    Anyway this newbie appreciates the help, I was just about to reinstall windows I was getting so worked up...;)

4. Praetor

Maybe they figure newboes wont be overburning? Or it could be an initiative to revive the 650MB discs hehe

5. Mark_C

Mark_C Member

*deep sigh of relief*

I received my new CD-RW drive this afternoon and i had all my data sorted out in 700mb folders ready to be burned to CD. So i install the drive and put in a brand new CD-R, but then this infamous "Not enough space on this CD" message appears, despite Nero's CD info showing 703mb space available to burn. So i try another, and another, and another, then another brand, and another brand... all popup with the exact same thing. I uninstall Nero 6 and install the latest version 5. I couldn't belive it, same thing!

At this point i'm convinced it's a hardware fault, so for some reason i try disconnecting my DVD-ROM (which was on the same IDE channel) thinking it was conflicting somehow with my CD-RW. But again, no luck.

My last resort - i'm convinced there's something wrong with Windows itself, so i start preparing my C: drive for a format and reinstall of XP. A few hours later when the reinstall is complete and i've set up everything, i install Nero and yet again it pops up with that message!

At that point i was thinking "it must be the CD's", but that doesn't explain why several brands aren't working. So then i consider that either the CDRW is faulty, or there's a problem with either my IDE cable or motherboard. I do a lot of searching on Google and find nothing. Then i do a search for a popular CD-R forum and find myself here and in this thread. I reinstall an *old* version of Nero and now everything's working great. *sigh of relief*

Just my luck that i picked two exact versions of Nero with this bug.

Mark

6. Praetor

LOL.... to be honest.... i still use 6.000 and dont enounter any issues... dont intend to update to 6.011 or 6.009 anytime :) The same goes for Nero 5.5.10.35 and 5.5.10.42 ... they were mostly burner support updates anyway.