1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.0

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sunburn, Apr 12, 2004.

1. sunburn

sunburn Guest

can't load my avi files to be burned
    after I clicked add video files,a window (open) appears,I highlight the files and click open.nothing happens.everything seems frozen,then another windows opens that says end prog,prog not responding.what does this all mean.I uninstalled and reinstalled nero to no avail.I have windows xp home edition.thanks

2. gulcher

gulcher Guest

You must convert your avi filrs to .vob files in an authoring program, just punch in dvd authoring programa and download a trial. then don't ask me how to add the audio files to nero because i am still figuring that out!
    good luck
    Life life to the fullest

3. sunburn

sunburn Guest

my source files are not dvd's so why should i convert
    does nero not do that when it encodes

4. gulcher

gulcher Guest

thanx but when I burn a dvd and try to play it there is only the 2 TS folders and they do not play. Perhaps in the authoring program I need to create a playable layout but ultimately I would like to create my menue and buttons in Nero. I have searched for hours trying to find the answers to my problems. Please try help me gather my wits Thanx again

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You might not have the right codec for .avi file & that is why Nero is bombing out on you perhaps...
    Was you using Nero VisionExpress part of Nero 6 & what was you encoding to...VCD perhaps ?

Leave more info ! ;-)

[gulcher you are a little confused mate , not everything Nero 6 is referred to as a DVD matter *wink*]

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Check the codecs
    2. What are you system specs? Loading movies off cds (for some people with older machines) is a lot more resource intensive for some reason (and perfectly fine for others), It might help to have the media player open beforehand

7. gulcher

gulcher Guest

I think my confusion is one thing I have definately accomplished. I sent the second reply here by mistake. The first reply I was trying to help but I think I will chill on that for awhile until I know what I'm talking about, although after a weeks worth of frustrations I have solved my problems. So don't give up, thanx for the help everyone and ROCK ON!