1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6.3

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrbenz04, Dec 18, 2004.

1. mrbenz04

mrbenz04 Member

I have nero 6.3 ULTRA EDITION , I caputre video ok to the hard drive. When I try to edit or make chapters or even burn the work I get not responding. When I put the update of directx 9.0c on I stil get the same thing. All I am trying to is capture from a camcorder to the hard drive and burn a dvd. Do I need another type of software if so what is it?
    my computer is a dell 2.4 GHz with 256MB memory pent 4 running XP home edition video card is NVDIA GeForce MX 420.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you can play the mpegs or avis that you captured, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to burn them using Nerovision Express. Maybe your installation is bad. They have an update, Nero 6.6 and Nerovision 3 update (from ver 2), so maybe you can update your version and try again.

3. mrbenz04

mrbenz04 Member

I have nero 6.3 ULTRA EDITION , when I capture video to the hard drive it is ok. When I try to edit or make chapters or even burn the work I get not responding. When I put the update of directx 9.0c on I still get the same thing. All I am trying to is capture from a camcorder to the hard drive and burn a dvd. Do I need another type of software if so what is it?
    my computer is a dell 2.4 GHz with 256MB memory pent 4 running XP home edition video card is NVDIA GeForce MX 420. If do need another type can anyone recommend some good software that will enable me to burn a dvd from captured film on a analog sony camcorder? And if I need a different capture device other then dazzle 90. Please send me from the ground up what I might need?

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

XP is renowned for consuming your PCs' resources. I think you need more memory. I have 1gig.

5. mrbenz04

mrbenz04 Member

my memory max is 512mb. Will this work.

6. manestle

manestle Member

Momory is the big key. Windows XP uses lots of resource power to run. I highly recommend 512 Mb at least. With 256 Mb you're on the border line. Memory is cheap so that's the way to go.

7. mrbenz04

mrbenz04 Member

Would it be best to order a memory chip from Dell sice it is a samsung or take it to CompUSA and have them match up compatible memory. Also with the NVDIA GeForce MX 420 what is a good dvd creation software that is compatible to use with it.

8. manestle

manestle Member

Actually 512 Mb of RAM is good. Depending on what mother board you have you may be able to upgrade to a gig. If you're not sure I would recommend that you take it to a professional for them to determine what mother board you have and what the max amount of RAM it can handle. As far as installing it it's very easy with no configuration required. Also they will be able to tell you if you have SD (old) or DDR (new and much faster)RAM. This is important because you can't mix.

9. mrbenz04

mrbenz04 Member

I have a Dell Dim 8250 with 2.33b GHz processor speed, 256mb memory running home XP on Pen 4 CPU 2.40GHz. The problem I have is I have Nero 6.3 Ultra Edition. My video card is NVDIA GeForce MX 420 and it is not compatible with Nero 6.3. I have tried to download the update and they do not work. Is there a software I can use that is compatible with my video card or do I need to get another
    card? My memory is a DELL - 256 MB Module for a Dell Dimension 8250 (533 MHz FSB) System
    256 MB RDRAM, PC1066, ECC, Unbuffered could I find something to match which would keep me from going back to dell. Also with the motherboard if it can only support 512 can i replace it with another board?

10. manestle

manestle Member

It's hard to believe that your NVDIA GeForce MX 420 is not compatible with Nero 6.3 You may try upgrading to Nero 6 Reloaded which is a MAJOR update compared to the average monthly updates but all NVIDIA graphics cards to my knowledge are compatible. That's all I've ever used is NVIDIA. They are the kings in graphics as far as I'm concerned. In fact the new Sony Playstation 3 do out in mid 2006 will use NVIDIA graphics.

11. mrbenz04

mrbenz04 Member

Nero 6.3 on the box says to use a 16x capture card. Mine is a 4X. Also when I download the major update I get an error. And the it asks as if I have a dV camcorder in which my camci=order is analog.

12. manestle

manestle Member