1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.4.2

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by crg13, Aug 4, 2004.

1. crg13

crg13 Guest

When I try to load Nero 6 I get a fault error 1308 source file missing, NeMP3hlp.dll I am loading from a disk. Any ideas or info of this problem.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know there was a Nero 6.4.2 ... Why don't you download them again :) Downloads 1,2,4,5&6, notice I left out #3(InCD4).
    http://nero.com/us/nero-up.php

3. crg13

crg13 Guest

I made a mistake. It's 6.3.0.2. I got the disk with my cd burner. I was looking for info on dvd x press and found this sight. I read about using nero to copy my personal dvds, but when i try to load it I get that .dll file fault. I also have another program that I'm having a mp3pro_hlp.dll file missing so I'm trying to find out more info about these .dll files missing. Are they from my system or the programs. I'm new to this burning stuff and looking to learn.

4. crg13

crg13 Guest

I also read that you need version 5.5 or later to work with Xp home.

5. flip218

You've got an OEM version of Nero 6, I would still try to update to the most current version(s).

This could be because you are using an OEM version, which doesn't have all the features of Nero 6.

Don't know where you read this.
    http://nero.com/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

Nero 6 System requirements:
    Microsoft® Windows 95B, NT4, 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP
    Pentium III 300Mhz (Minimum), 500 MHz for DVDplayback, 800 MHz (to capturing of harddisk), 1,6 GHz (to capturing of DVDvideo)
    64 MB RAM, 128 MB RAM (for video)
    500 MB free disk space, 4,8 GB free disk space (for DVDimages)
    at least 800x600 display with at least 16 Bit colors
    CD recorder and/or DVD recorder
    Windows Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
    Windows compatible soundcard

How about you start with your system specs? O/S, processor, ram, hd, free hd space, and if your using NTFS or FAT32 file system?

6. crg13

crg13 Guest

How can I update If I can't get it to load? Doesn't the update have to read a previous version.

The version 5.5 I read on this forum I think under sys requirments. I will try the update. Will nero update an oem version?

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.250ghz
    1gb sdram 80gig HD 70gig free
    Digital Research dual Format 8X DVD

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

The NeMP3help.dll file is a file that is installed by our software. It's just one of many DLL files that are installed. More than likely you have a defective or damaged disc.

Downloading the latest versions from our website and installing using your Nero 6 serial key to unlock from Demo mode would be the best solution.

Other Programs will have their own DLL Files.

Someone who has Nero 5.5 can not upgrade for free to Nero 6, unless they purchase Nero 5.5 30 days prior to the release of Nero 6. But we do have an upgrade path for $49 US dollars for those who have purchased Nero 5.5

Regards,

Craig

8. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Go to nero.com and download the demo version.When you go to install it,you will be ask if you want to up date.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.[/small]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2004
  9. flip218

ccampbell,

You work for Nero?

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Flip218,

Yes, I work in the U.S office based in Glendale, Ca.

I've been in the Recorder Industry from the begining. I started with Yamaha when they first came out with the CDR100 and CDR102 model recorders. I helped with Software Developers to support the Yamaha vendor Specific Command Set, and then with the MMC command set when that came out. So I am very familiar with all the popular and not so popular Recording programs on the market.

I also helped with developing the process for repairing the Yamaha Recorders. So I have both a hardware and software background.

Regards,

Craig

11. flip218

ccampbell,

I've just added you to my list of experts :)

12. crg13

crg13 Guest

FYI
    Itried your suggestion and down loaded from your sight (Nero) Under the sight it has package 1, package 2 ect. I wasn't sure which one to download so i did all 4. Then I went anddid the same with updates. The only one that some what works is the express.The others say trial version expired. Due I need the other 3 to keep express usable? As I stated earlier the disk I received came with my cd-r/rw so there were no serial number to use or I missed it someware. So is this disk I received with my burner valid or I do I need to buy some key code ect?
    I received a response from nero to use their general clean tool but you need a valid serial # to get it.
    Thanks for your help. I'm not out of the woods yet, and yes I know enough to be dangerous to my computer, but still execute any help I can get.

13. flip218

Your not reading the posts. In my first post "Downloads 1,2,4,5&6, notice I left out #3(InCD4). " ... you need to uninstall InCD4.

Did you buy the full version of Nero 6?

14. crg13

crg13 Guest

No I did not. Should I.

15. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

You indicate that you recived Nero 6.3.02 with your recorder. This would indicate that you have an OEM version, but it is Nero 6.

So that would mean you are entitled to free upgrades to OEM version of Nero 6. The OEM bundle is an Embedded serial key, so when you download the Trail Version, or the Update versoin, and install over your existing OEM version of Nero 6, they will detect the embedded serial key and only allow those components allowed based on the OEM serial key. The Serial key is what unlocks the various features of our Nero software.

The fact that some report as Expired would lead me to believe you uninstalled your OEM version of Nero 6 first, and then install the Update. Or there was a failed install process.

I would recommend using the Nero Clean Tool to clean Nero from your system. Then reinstall Nero from your Installatoin CD that came with your Recorder.

Once installed, launch Nero StartSmart and click on the Nero Icon in the TOP LEFT of the StartSmart Window. This will take you to the "Nero Product Center", and here under the Serail Key tab you can write down your OEM serail key for safe keeping.

Now install Package 1 and Pacakge 2 of the Update or Trial version you downloaded. It does not matter which you choose. The files should look like Nero63117.exe and NVE21216.exe.

You should now be updated and fully functional.

Regards,

Craig

16. crg13

crg13 Guest

This is where the problem began, that when I try to load from the disk I get the 1308 error. I did try to get the clean tool but it asks for the serial # before it will let you down load. I am not sure how i got the express version to work but I am able to back-up dvd's with dvd shrink and decoder and I'm able to burn. I haven't tried to burn directly from nero such as a music cd.
    You stated that I could retrive the serial key after it is installed, but is there a way to get this serial # before I install it? I had tried to unistall and reinstall several times, but not since I down loaded from nero. I will go ahead and remove incd4 and try to load from the CD again and see how it goes.
    Would Norton internet sequrity with firewall and antivirus have anything to do with the problems I'm having?

Thanks again!

17. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi CRG13,

I've never had trouble with installing when Norting Intranet security and Firewall is enabled, but anything is possible.

I have seen where customers are unable to download from our website any updates, as it asks for a Login and Password, but that's from the Firewall being enabled, not from our server.

The only other way to obtain the serial key would be for you to provide me with the model of the recorder you have that came bundeld with our software. THen I can look up the serial key that we embed for that model. But you'll need to send me an Email at Techsupport4@nero.com so that I can provide this to you, as we do not want to list the serial key on this forum. :)

Regards,

Craig

18. flip218

Ah, that's no fun :) ... We'll just tell them to post there log ... LOL

19. crg13

crg13 Guest

FYI Thanks for the help. It was working. I had some problems with another software also and this one was really a pain. I ended up reloading my operating system and this solved alot of issues even this one.

Thanks again